|Responsible unit:||Departamento de Medicina|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Sports Medicine|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|CEMD||0||Plano Oficial do ano letivo 2013||1||-||1||8||27|
|Ovídio António Pereira da Costa|
|Jose Joaquim Santos Ramos|
In the Ethic and doping curricular unit it will be addressed the following topics: legislation about the anti-doping fight in Sports; list of forbidden substances and methods; educational and informative strategies used in the anti-doping fight in Sports; hazards of organic doping substances; use of doping substances outside sport competition; national anti-doping plan organization and informatics system for the selection of competition and athletes; new ways for the anti-doping fight; simulation of an anti-doping control session.
The student must be able to know:
- national and world agency anti-doping legislation;
- anti-doping control procedures;
- main groups of forbidden substances and their risks.
- Legislation used in the anti-doping fight in sports
- List of forbidden substances and methods and therapeutic utilization authorization
- Educational and informative strategies in the anti-doping fight in sports
- Organic risks of forbidden substances and methods
- Use of doping substances outside the competition sports
- National anti-doping program elaboration and Informatics system for the selection of competitions and athletes to control
- New ways of anti-doping fight
Teaching methodologies include theoretical, theoretical-practical and practical teaching. It will be used, as pedagogical resources, individual and group work, questionnaires, discussion forums participation, scientific articles and clinical cases presentation and discussion, online mini-courses, videos analysis, role-playing simulation of clinical interaction situations, visits to professional real context and clinical appointments observation. Curricular unit final evaluation will be made by online tests available through the Moodle platform.
Curricular unit test is worth 100%, in a 0 to 20 values scale. Students must have at least 10 values to be approved in this curricular unit.