Japanse Language Proficiency Test
2021 EDITION CANCELED | Next edition scheduled: July 2022
What is JLPT?
JLPT - Japanese Language Proficiency Test is an internationally recognized qualification test for people whose native language is not Japanese.
Since 2015, the test is managed by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Porto in partnership with the Japan Foundation.
(The participants can park for free in one of the parks of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. The entrance of the vehicles should be by Via Panoramic. At the barrier, they must ring the intercom bell and identify themselves to the security).
How can i enroll?
You must first log in to the information system:
1) Candidates who have already attended
a course at the University of Porto or at the Faculty must use the credentials they already have.
- If you don't remember your credentials, you may make a request for access password recovery
- If you still can not get the old credentials, you must request them from the IT Services sending an email to email@example.com
, indicating the following personal information: Full name | Number of personal identification (eg .: Citizen / Passport Card ) | Taxpayer / Tax ID No. | Email ).
2) If it is your first time
applying to a course or enrol at a exam at FLUP, you will have to request a temporary user name, by filling out the user name request form
First consult the instruction manual
At what level should i apply?
JLPT has five levels of testing that suit different proficiency levels of the Japanese language. The simplest level is N5 and the more complex the N1. To help you determine which to register, see the table below which indicates the number of hours of study, kanji and words that are expected for each level:
See here more information.
- You can't change the location of the test and the level at which you signed up, after making the registration.
- Resources for study: JLPT official website
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- It's mandatory indicate your complete address
- You should submitt a passport-type photograph.
- People with some form of special educational need should inform the Faculty of Arts and Humanities the right conditions for the examination (Download here the files).
- The test voucher will be sent after the payment and after the enrollment period. It is mandatory to present it on the day of the exam.
- The Faculty of Arts will mail notification with the results of the examination. If you do not receive the notification, please contact by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the number of examining (Examinee Registration Number).
Continuing Education Office
1st floor, room G 135 (next to Main Lecture Hall)
Schedule: Monday to Friday - from 10am to 4pm