FEUP aims to stimulate in students an entrepreneurial spirit. It thus runs a number of initiatives to promote entrepreneurship as a personal and professional skill and to encourage self-employment:
- Business Ideas - joint initiative of FEUP and NET-BIC which aims to clarify doubts about business ideas and provide advice on the creation of innovative technology-based companies;
- Entrepreneurship Support Office - initiative resulting from FEUP’s partnership with JuniFEUP and PSZ Consulting, which consists of consulting sessions on entrepreneurship, as well as overestimation of business ideas, diagnosis of entrepreneurial skills, preparation of business plans and support in accessing financial incentives for business creation;
- Support for the creation of spin-offs and start-ups - by disseminating programs to encourage business creation and providing contact details of consulting firms, venture capital and business angels supporting new business creation, as well as business incubators and Business Innovation Centres (BICs).
Besides these initiatives, FEUP students also have the option of:
- participating in various conferences, ideas competitions and lectures related to entrepreneurship and the creation of new companies and businesses;
- establishing themselves as promoters of entrepreneurship within the FEUP community, participating on conference panels or testifying to their success.