|Responsible unit:||Department of Industrial Engineering and Management|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Master in Informatics and Computing Engineering|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|MIEIC||150||Syllabus since 2009/2010||4||-||6||56||162|
|João José da Cunha e Silva Pinto Ferreira|
BACKGROUND This is the only course on Information Systems in MIEIC. For this reason, we want this course to be an introductory Information Systems in Organizations focusing on their role and how the they contribute to the creation of value.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES / SPECIFIC AIMS The aim of this course to prepare students to understand the role of Information Systems (IS) in organizations and the importance of its alignment with the business strategy.
Interpret, classify and explain:
1) Sales and Procurement Process managed by an ERP;
2) how the IS contributes to the Value Construction in an organization, with a special focus on ERP and with other IS that integrate with the ERP (eg: manufacturing execution system and warehouse management);
3) Technology trends and their impact on enterprise information systems (Cloud Computing, Big Data, the new Internet).
Delivering an integration projecto with Primavera ERP.
PRIMAVERA ERP; Sales and Procurement Processes; Software Development of 3rd Party Applications and Integration with PRIMAVERA.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND ERP:
- Information Systems Concepts: What is an Information System? How many types of information systems we have and their role in the company? The information system as a strategic decision.
- Introduction to ERP: Understand the concepts behind an ERP system. Visualize ERP as packaged software. Understand the information integration through the ERP system.
- Evolution of ERP
- ERP Modules: Finance Module. Human Resource Management (HR) Module. Materials Management (MM) Module. Sales and Distribution Module.
ERP & Other Information Systems
- Shop Floor Control
- Warehouse Management Systems
ERP & Technology
- Hybrid IT and Cloud Computing
- Big Data
- The New Internet
BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Putting the Enterprise into the Information System
1. Sessions combining theoretical exposition and discussion of topics. Use of Case Studies in text or video.
2. Practice sessions with Case Studies and coaching on the project integration with Primavera ERP.
|Defesa pública de dissertação, de relatório de projeto ou estágio, ou de tese||60,00|
|Elaboração de projeto||66,00|
|Frequência das aulas||56,00|
Minimum grade of 50% in the sum of several components.
40% Component I ) Individual Exam
60% Component II) Team project involving the application integration with PRIMAVERA ERP
Component II (detail)
(50%) Apresentação Final / Final Presentation
1) Individual Exam: 40%
2) Individual project, involving the application integration with Primavera ERP: 60%
The student must have at least 50% in each of the evaluation components.
The exam grade may be improved by going to the "Recurso" exam.