|Responsible unit:||Department of Informatics Engineering|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Master in Multimedia|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
1) Knowledge of performing arts, both historical and contemporary.
2) Development of technical and creative skills on "live arts" and interactivity.
3) Development of performance skills.
After successfully finishing this class, the student will be able to:
1) Know the main platforms, techniques and methodologies of performing arts.
2) Work in digital media for performing arts.
3) Participate in the conception, creation and interpretation within the context of performing arts.
1) The performing arts:
a) the implicit contract between performer and audience;
b) vanguard movements;
c) emerging cultural paradigms;
d) time structuring;
e) the impact of digital media.
2) Technological platforms of performing arts:
a) computer vision techniques;
b) computer audition techniques;
c) communication protocols: MIDI, OSC, DMX;
d) digital projection mapping;
e) immersive sound systems;
f) lights and actuators control.
3) Practical applications of digital media in performing arts.
This course unit is composed mainly by practical applications of the performing arts methodologies, with some comprehensive seminars on the theorical program contents.
The practical projects are developed both as laboratorial work and outside contact hours.
|Frequência das aulas||45,00|
Evaluation Formula: 0,4 * pt + 0,6 * tf
pt - assignments carried out during the semester;
tf - final assignment.
Substantial improvement of the final assignment or presentation of another assignment previously approved by the professor.
Classes will be taught in English if there is foreign students or if it is deemed necessary (e.g. presentations given by foreign professors). Students can either present their assignments in Portuguese or in English.