Luis Paulo Reis is an Associate Professor at the University of Porto in Portugal and Director of LIACC – Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Laboratory where he also coordinates the Human-Machine Intelligent Cooperation Research Group. He is an IEEE Senior Member and he was president of the Portuguese Society for Robotics, is vice-president of the Portuguese Association for Artificial Intelligence and was director of MIEGSI. During the last 25 years he has lectured courses, at the University, on Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Robotics, Multi-Agent Systems, Simulation and Modelling, Games and Interaction, Educational/Serious Games and Computer Programming. He was principal investigator of more than 10 research projects in those areas. He won more than 50 scientific awards including wining more than 15 RoboCup international competitions and best papers at conferences such as ICEIS, Robotica, IEEE ICARSC and ICAART. He supervised 21 PhD and 102 MSc theses to completion and is supervising 8 PhD theses. He organized more than 50 international scientific events and belonged to the Program Committee of more than 250 scientific events. He is the author of more than 300 publications in international conferences and journals (indexed at SCOPUS or ISI Web of Knowledge).
Areas of interest
- Physical sciences > Computer science
- Technological sciences > Engineering > Computer engineering
- Technological sciences > Engineering > Knowledge engineering
- Technological sciences > Technology > Information technology
- Physical sciences > Computer science > Programming
- Physical sciences > Computer science > Cybernetics > Artificial intelligence