Main areas of research
• Test and design for testability of analogue, RF, and mixed-signal electronic circuits.
• Digitally assisted analogue and RF circuits
• Analogue and mixed-signal VLSI design
• Medical Electronics
• Signal processing
- On-chip RF true-power detector
- Adaptive on-line linearity test and correction of RF power amplifiers
- Application specific microprocessor for analog mixed-signal testing
- Test of analog and mixed-signals circuits after the cross-correlation between dynamic power supply-current and output voltage
- Development and demonstration of an analog to boundary-scan interface test chip
- Development of a 40 kVA uninterruptible power supply prototype fabricated by EFACEC.
Main R&D projects with involvement or coordination
- ELESIS European ENIAC programme, 2012-2015, coordinator of FEUP/U. Porto participation.
- ProLimb - Electronic Sensing for the Prophylaxis of Lower Limb Pathologies, PTDC/EEA-ELC/103683/2008, project coordinator
- TOETS, European CATRENE/EUREKA, 2009-2012, coordinator of INESC Porto participation
- SenseCardioHealth, MIT-Pt/EDAM-EMD/0007/2008, coordinator of FEUP participation
- ACEOLE, CERN – Marie Curie Initial Training Networks, 2008-2011, co-coordinator of INESC Porto participation
- NanoTEST, European MEDEA+, 2005-2007, coordinator of INESC Porto participation
- TARGET (Top Amplifier Research Groups in a European Team), European Network of Excellence, EU Information Society Technologies (507893) (6thFP), co-coordinator of INESC Porto participation.
- ASSOCIATE (Advanced Solutions for Innovative SOC Testing in Europe), EU MEDEA+ A503, 2001-2004. Coordinator of INESC Porto participation
- ABIS (Analogue BIST for Integrated Systems) POCTI/34788/ESE/2000, FCT, 2000-2002. Coordinator
- DYNAD (Methods and Draft Standards for the Dynamic Characterization and Testing of Analogue to Digital Converters), EU Standards, Measurements, and Tests SMT4-CT98-2214, 1998-2001. Coordinator of INESC Porto participation.
Areas of interest
- Technological sciences > Engineering > Electrical engineering
- Technological sciences > Engineering > Electronic engineering
- Technological sciences > Engineering > Biomedical enginnering
- Technological sciences > Technology > Micro-technology > Microsystems
- Technological sciences > Technology > Telecommunications technology
- Technological sciences > Technology > Instrumentation technology