- Holders of Bachelor, Licenciado, Master or Doctoral degree awarded by Portuguese Higher Education;
- Holders of a foreign Higher Education degree, provided the degree is duly recognized so as to produce the same effects as the Portuguese degrees.
Applicants covered by the international student status, in accordance with Article 3 of Decree-Law No. 62/2018, of 6th August (only available in Portuguese), and Article 1 of Regulation 664/2018, of 16th October - Implementing regulation of the international student status at the University of Porto, cannot apply under this regime.
- For the Bachelor in Electrical and Computers Engineering (L.EEC) only applicants who have obtained approval in “Mathematics A” (or homologous subject) in the secondary education will be admitted.
- For the Bachelor in Informatics and Computing Engineering (L.EIC), only applicants with a final grade equal to, or higher than, 13 (out of 20) in their degree will be admitted.
Information on tuition fees for 2021/2022 available here.
|Programmes/Cycle of Studies||Phase||Numerus Clausus||Curricular year|
|Bachelor in Bioengineering||1||2|
|Bachelor in Chemical Engineering||1||4|
|Bachelor in Civil Engineering||1||5|
|Bachelor in Electrical and Computer Engineering||1||10|
|Bachelor in Environmental Engineering||1||2|
|Bachelor in Informatics and Computing Engineering||1||10|
|Bachelor in Materials Engineering||1||1|
|Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering||1||2|
|Bachelor in Mining and Geo-Environmental Engineering||1||1|
|Cycle of Studies||Places
|Bachelor in Mining and Geo-Environmental Engineering (L.EMG)||1|
|Bachelor in Bioengineering (L.BIO)||2|
|Bachelor in Civil Engineering (L.EC)||5|
|Bachelor in Environmental Engineering (L.EA)||2|
|Bachelor in Industrial Engineering and Management (L.EGI)||0|
|Bachelor in Electrical and Computers Engineering (L.EEC)||10|
|Bachelor in Informatics and Computing Engineering (L.EIC)||10|
|Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (L.EM)||2|
|Bachelor in Materials Engineering (L.EMAT)||1|
|Bachelor in Chemical Engineering (L.EQ)||4|
|From 17th May to 10th August 2021||Submission of applications|
|3rd September 2021||Posting of final results|
|From 4th to 24th September 2021||Submission of complaints|
|Until 1st October 2021||Publication of decision about complaints|
|From 8th to 20th September 2021||Enrolment (online)|
|From 22nd September to 4th October 2021||Admission of non-placed applicants*|
|Until 20th September 2021||Request of credit transfer regarding prior training / work experience|
|Until 12th October 2021||Publication of credit transfer results|
|Up to 10 working days after the publication of the credit transfer results||Change of the registration in result of the credit transfer process|
*The eventual call of non-placed applicants will be made by e-mail sent to the address indicated on the application process. Applicants who are called will have 24 hours to reply and say whether they are interested in the place available. After this deadline, and if there is no reply from the applicant called, this applicant will lose the chance to occupy the place available and the following non-placed applicant in the ranking list will be called.
Ranking Criteria Weighting
- Affinity level of the applicant’s degree(s) determined by the number of ECTS credits that will be recognised in the cycle of studies they are applying for (on a scale from 0 to 200): weight 60%;
- Career path (on a scale from 0 to 200): weight 40%.
If this criterion is not sufficient, tie break will be done by interview in a date to be determined. The scheduling of the interview will be done by e-mail sent to the e-mail address indicated in the application.
Placed applicants who have any pending document in their application process will only be able to enrol after they deliver/send the said document.
Application is subject to the payment of a non-refundable fee of 55 euros.
Procedure to generate ATM references:
1. Click on the button next to the application fee.
2. Confirm the data displayed and click "Atribuir" (Assign) and the associated reference will be automatically generated.
3. Click "Voltar à conta corrente" (Back to current account) to see the reference generated.
Payments from abroad may be made by bank transfer, at payer’s expenses, using the information in the attached document.
Then, you must send proof of the bank transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following data:
- Name of the payer and name of the applicant, address, country, tax identification number and the purpose of the payment (application).
- After the deadline for submitting applications, applicants have 2 additional days to ensure the payment of the corresponding fee, which is required for the application to become effective. After this deadline, any applications regarding which fees have not been paid will be rejected outright.
Procedure for submission of application
Procedure for checking the status of your application
Procedure to request credit transfer/recognition
This procedure will be available through a link on the homepage of FEUP at the beginning of the enrolment period.
Note: The following applicable legislation is only available in Portuguese.
Decree-Law No. 113/2014 of 16th July - Regulates special applications for access and admission to higher education, amended by Decree-Law No. 63/2016, of 13th September (as currently worded in Decree-Law No. 65/2018, of 16th August)