|Responsible unit:||Fine Arts Department|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Fine Arts|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|AP||32||Official Study Plan 2011||2||-||24||288||648|
|André Rangel Macedo|
|Theoretical and practical :||8,00|
|Theoretical and practical||Totals||1||8,00|
|André Rangel Macedo||8,00|
To develop skills applied to the manipulation, separation, combination and modification of different concepts, materials and techniques, in order to turn students into catalysts and / or transforming agents of media, space and time.
To foster the impact that reflective practice has on students' knowledge, and at the same time, increase the recognition it has as a curricular protocol in the academic context.
To understand the properties and characteristics of concepts, materials and techniques as a fundamental component of contemporary artistic production.
To combine poiesis and aesthesis in artistic processes and artistic systems where thought and reflection are inseparable from action, that is, where theory is inseparable from practice, stating precisely the unity (union), the breadth and reciprocity of theory and practice.
Demonstrate and experience the variability, intermediality and transmediaity of the processes of contemporary artistic creation.
To experiment and discuss new forms of hybrid expression that are not constrained to genres agreed and recognized as installation sound, video installation, interactive installation, performance, among others.
In Atelier Multimédia I, students must master and disseminate the fusion of different techniques of presentation, representation and transmutation - digital and analogical - as well as the dynamics of changes and transformations that alter the form and function of the existing means by exploring their elasticity and plasticity. Thus, by fostering research in action and research through practice in a creative process, it is possible to construct, acquire and transmit knowledge in a hybrid language.
Students must demonstrate mastery of procedural and transformative activities resulting in works of contemporary art capable of provoking movements of various qualities and amplifying human action.
- Philosophy of art, theory and practice, reflective practice.
- Disambiguation of the concepts Mixed Media, Intermedia, Multimedia, New Media, Hypermedia and Moistmedia.
- Art and multimedia, historical review and background.
- Contemporary art. Commentary and discussion of works of art by recognized contemporary authors.
- Technologies and techniques, as indispensable means to the process of artistic creation, as well as their importance from an epistemic point of view, in the perception and the construction of knowledge.
- Combinations of any means available for artistic expression - biological, analogue, electronic and/or digital.
- The semantic potential of concepts, materials and techniques with which contemporary works of art materialize and the dialectic inherent in the artist's dialogue with the concepts and materials that he uses, or rejects, in the 'doing' of artistic experiences.
- Hybrid expression forms and fluidity in the fusion of analog and digital media.
- Students will be given access to modern programming languages, computers and microcontrollers, so that they can also be used as means in the process of multimedia artistic creation.
|Trabalho prático ou de projeto||80,00|
|Elaboração de projeto||240,00|
|Frequência das aulas||288,00|
Presence in more than 70% of classes and positive average of classifications of the projects developed.