|Responsible unit:||Department of Computer Science|
|Course/CS Responsible:||First Degree in Chemistry|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|L:M||77||Official Study Plan||1||-||6||56||162|
|Pedro Baltazar Vasconcelos|
Introduction to the use of computers running GNU/LInux operating systems.
Introduction to programming using the Python language.
Notions of low and high level languages; interpreters and compilers; editor and development environmnets. Values, types and expressions. Functions and procedures. Conditionals and selection. Iteration and recursion. Basic data structures: lists, tuples and dictionaries.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
1. simulate the step-by-step execution of simple programs;
2. write programs to solve solve simple problems (e.g. numerical computations or text processing);
3. decompose problems into sub-tasks suitable for re-usable sub-routines;
4. debug programs using testing.
1. Short introduction to computers.
2. Variables, expressions, statements.
3. Usage of libraries and support tools.
4. Modules and documentation.
6. Conditions, decision, selection.
Lectures; program analysis; practical, programming classes.
Frequency of practical classes, according to the rules of the University.
Successful submission at least half of the requested problems (with automated evaluation).
75% * Final exam grade + 25% * Mid-term test grade