|Course/CS Responsible:||First degree in Psychology|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|PSIC||21||Official Curricular Structure||3||-||3||27||81|
|Teresa Maria Pinto da Cruz Barreiros Leal|
- To get to know conceptual models to study the quality of educational contexts;
- To identify critical context dimensions in the promotion of development and learning;
- To get to know different phases of reflection and action to develop quality practices;
- To integrate the assessment and development of quality into a systemic-ecological rationale.
The objectives were defined above as learning outcomes.
1) Conceptualization of quality of educational contexts. Models to analyze quality of educational contexts. Different perspectives on quality. Global quality and quality in specific domains. The impact of quality on development and learning.
2)Quality in early childhood education. Assessment of global quality in child care and preschool centers.
3) Quality of language and literacy environment: An example of quality assessment in a specific domain.
4) Quality of teacher-student interactions: From elementary to secondary school. Emotional support. Classroom organization. Instructional support.
5) The inclusion of students with disabilities: Quality of inclusive experience and development of participation in educational contexts.
Specific literature will be indicated in the summary of the respective lesson.
To participate in the expository sessions prepared by the teacher and to read the bibliography; To train the application of instruments to assess quality of educational contexts with the support of videotaped short scenes for scoring practice; To use specific procedures with the support of videotaped situations and records of classroom events; To participate in small and large group discussions of practical situations and in problem solving activities.
|Apresentação/discussão de um trabalho científico||50,00|
|Frequência das aulas||30,00|
|Apresentação/discussão de um trabalho científico||10,00|
Students must attend at least 75% of the classes. Each student has to present a written report on a selected subject approached in the Curricular Unit. This report should also be presented to the class.
The final grade corresponds to sum of the classification obtained in the written report (weighting of 50%) and the grade obtained in the presentation to the class (weighting of 50%).
Students in special conditions should contact the responsible for the unit at the beginning of the semester.
Students can improve their grade attending the curricular unit in the year following the respective approval, if the curricular unit is in operation.