The Master’s in Education organised by the FCUP are second cycle, professional degrees qualifying students to teach in primary and secondary schools. This degree provides the scientific and pedagogical skills required to teach mathematics in the 3rd cycle of primary and in secondary education. It harmonises the educational process with the need for teacher qualifications arising from changes in society and education and the evolution of science and technology. The degree guarantees careful instruction in both general and specific areas of knowledge and know-how required for quality professional training whilst it also prepares practitioners to face the novel demands of education.
- Holders of a first cycle degree (or in the conditions referred to in points b) to d) of article 17 of DL 74/2006 in the wording given by DL 115/2013), without professional qualification for teaching in the recruitment group of Mathematics, and having obtained in their university formation at least 120 credits in Mathematics.
- It is also possible for someone to apply if they satisfy the remaining conditions, but only 75% of the minimum credit requirement stated above; in this case they must complete the missing credits after entry, but before enrollment in units of didactics and initiation into professional practice.
- Prior evaluation, in specific tests for this purpose, of the oral and written command of the Portuguese language and the mastery of the essential rules of logical and critical argumentation is compulsory.
- Applications from students who do not have a full degree at the closing date of the application period are accepted provided they still able to fulfill the conditions of access until the date of enrollment.
Note: All candidates who do not certify that they have completed the degree (or equivalent) and meet the requirements defined in the preceding paragraphs until the end of the enrollment period will be excluded.
Criteria for Selection and Ranking
- Having a degree in Mathematics (20%)
- Grade of the first cycle degree if it is in Mathematics and average of grades in Mathematics subjects if the degree is not in Mathematics (in the case of candidates waiting for results to complete the degree until the date of enrollment, the average will be calculated by assigning to the missing subjects the classification of 10) (50%)
- Overall evaluation of the curriculum (15%)
- Individual interview (15%)
- Overall evaluation of the curriculum and individual interview
This information is provided strictly for informational purposes
and does not preclude consultation of the Official Gazette.