The Cycle Studies in Teaching Physical Education in Primary and Secondary Education aims to award the master's degree, which enables to teach Physical Education and Sport in those levels of education. The objectives of this Cycle of Studies are:
Strive for the qualification of teaching physical education
Educate competent professionals committed to the tenets of the profession.
contribute to the renewal of physical education pedagogy and to updating the bases of legitimacy of physical education and sport as means and contents of education.
The degree of master in the art of Teaching Physical Education in Primary and Secondary Education requires:
• A deep level of expertise in the fields of sport sciences that support the teaching of Physical Education and Sports;
• Ability to apply knowledge and solve complex problems inherent to the specialized activity of teaching Physical Education and Sports;
• Knowledge and ability to adopt an investigative stance in professional performance based on understanding and critical analysis of relevant educational research;
• Ability to think and act with a sense of responsibility about the ethical and civic issues related to teaching;
• Sensitivity and openness of mind to be aware and understand the major problems of the contemporary world and the consequent impact on the educational system and the educational community;
• Ability to assess, support and justify ones intervention in a clear and unambiguous;
• Skills that enable, autonomously, seeking learning resources and continue to learn throughout life.
Physical Education teacher in Primary and Secondary Education
The normal duration of the course is four semesters, including in the third and fourth semesters the completion of a student teaching praticum and preparation and public defense of the respective report.
Classes will be held from monday to friday in daytime.
The activities take place at the Faculty of Sport, St. Dr. Plácido Costa 91, 4200-450 Porto.
The student teaching and some of the early teaching experiences take place in cooperating schools.
a) Oral and written proficiency of Portuguese language
b) Degree in Physical Education and Sport or legal equivalent, or a qualification recognized by the Scientific Comitee of FADEUP, pursuant to Decree-Law n º 43/2007 of 22 February.
|Director:||Paula Maria Leite Queirós|
|Type of course/cycle of study:||Masters Degree|