- Faculty of Architecture (FAUP)
- Faculty of Fine Arts (FBAUP)
- Faculty of Sciences (FCUP)
- Faculty of Nutrition and Food Science (FCNAUP)
- Faculty of Sports (FADEUP)
- Faculty of Law (FDUP)
- Faculty of Economics (FEP)
- Faculty of Engineering (FEUP)
- Faculty of Pharmacy (FFUP)
- Faculty of Arts (FLUP)
- Faculty of Medicine (FMUP)
- Faculty of Dental Medicine (FMDUP)
- Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences (FPCEUP)
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar (ICBAS)
- U.Porto Social Services (SASUP)
- U.Porto Shared Services (SPUP)
- U.Porto Sport Centre (CDUP-UP)
The main bodies which ensure the day-to-day management of the University of Porto are:
The Rectorate is the organisational core of the University and comprises all its governing bodies.
The U.Porto is composed of 14 Organic Units of Education and Research called faculties or institutes. Their mission includes education, research and the provision of services in their specific area of competence. Some of them are self-governed and have scientific, pedagogic, administrative and financial autonomy.
The Student Support Services (SASUP - Serviços de Ação Social da Universidade do Porto) are responsible for implementing social policies at the U.Porto, ensuring that students have access to all the services and benefits conducive to academic success.
The Shared Services of the U.Porto (SPUP - Serviços Partilhados da Universidade do Porto) operate at the level of the central governing bodies, to which they report. They have administrative and financial autonomy and are responsible for providing services to the organic units.