Election of the Rector of the University of Porto 2018-2022
PUBLIC NOTICE INFORMATION
APPLICATION FOR RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTO
- The University of Porto hereby publishes the public notice for the application process for the post of Rector.
- The Rector is the principal body of governance and external representation of the University of Porto, presiding over the Management Council and Senate.
- The Rector is elected by the General Council for a four-year mandate, and exercises his or her powers on a full time basis.
- Applications for the post of Rector of the University of Porto are open to Professors or researchers with a Doctoral degree, of this University or of other national or foreign universities or research institutions.
- Applicants are not eligible if:
- They are retired;
- They have been liable to disciplinary, financial or criminal action in the performance of public or professional duties, for a period of four years after serving the sentence;
- They are bound by any ineligibility clauses foreseen in the law.
- The eligible applicant must:
- Be a personality of recognised merit and relevant professional experience for this position;
- Hold a strategic vision in line with the mission and objectives of the University of Porto, as defined in its statutes;
- Be clearly able to promote scientific, humanist and cultural values, in a collegial and inclusive environment.
- Applicants must send their applications to the President of the General Council within 30 calendar days from the date of publication of the notice information in the website of the University, in digital or in paper format, along with the following documents:
- Letter from the applicant with his or her personal information, the identification of contact details, and an e-mail address for the purposes of receiving notifications relating to the electoral process;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae of the applicant, dated and signed, along with the documents considered relevant for merit appraisal, indicating the positions held in universities and other bodies;
- Solemn declaration by which the applicant certifies that he or she is not bound by any ineligibility or incompatibility clauses foreseen in the law and in the statutes of the University of Porto;
- The action programme that the applicant proposes to pursue during the four-year mandate, drafted in English or in Portuguese.
- Applications and documents referred to in the preceding paragraph must be made out in either English or Portuguese.
- Applications must be sent to the President of the General Council of the University of Porto no later than 18th March 2018, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications may be sent in multiple messages, yet each one of them cannot exceed 10MB, including attachments) and only those that are effectively received up to such date shall be deemed valid.
- The duties of the Rector, the legal and statutory regimes and regulations governing the election of the Rector are available here.
University of Porto, 16th February, 2018.
The President of the General Council of the University of Porto,
Artur Santos Silva
Electoral Process (2018-2022 Mandate)