In case of loss, damage, theft or expiration of the U.PORTO Card, you can request the issuance of a 2nd copy through the Information System.
To do this, please follow the steps below.
Suspending the current U.PORTO Card (E.g in case of loss, damage or theft)
Suspend all services associated to your card.
You can suspend central services – for example, social action services (SASUP) – in your personal page of the U.PORTO Card. Local services can be cancelled at the faculty/school/institute that manages the operations.
Requesting a 2nd copy of the U.PORTO Card
- Log in to the Information System
- Go to your personal page and choose the "U.PORTO Card" option on the sidebar
- Click on the "Request new card" button
- Fill in the document named Photo-Form (Ficha-Foto) with the following elements:
- Mechanographic number (internal identification code of U.PORTO)
- Name to be printed on the card
- Photo (we use the photo shown on the Information System)
- Select the reason why you needed to obtain a new copy.
You can track the state of your request at your U.PORTO Card personal page. The request can have one of the following states:
- Waiting for validation - Your request is waiting for validation of the University central services;
- Approved - Your request has been approved. Production will follow;
- Rejected - Your request has been rejected. Make sure you meet all the requirements to have a U.PORTO Card;
- Cancelled - You have proceeded with the request cancelation;
- Ready for production - The production process will start soon;
- Production in progress - You card is in production. If your request remains with this state for more than 10 days after the Approval date, you can obtain more information through the address firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Card successfully produced - Wait for the notification to collect it - Your card was successfully produced and you should wais for a notification to collect it. If you already have the card, you can proceed with the self-service activation by clicking the button Already have this card and I want to activate it;
- Your card is ready to be collected - Your card was successfully produced and it's ready to be collected. If you are a Mobility In Student, the International Office will send you a specific and customized email notification with information about the collection of the card;
- Successfully concluded - Your request was successfully concluded;
- Concluded - State given by the U.PORTO central services after the request is concluded (although was concluded, the request may not have resulted in the production of a card);
- Card canceled - You have proceeded with the cancelation of the card associated to the request.
The U.PORTO Card will be available for collection 10 days after the completion of the necessary issuance procedures. Then, a notification will be sent via the Information System and by email, so that you can proceed to collecting your card. If you are a Mobility In Student, the International Office will send you a specific and customized email notification with information about the collection of the card.
The collection points depend on your institution.