Researchers Mobility Portal
This Portal is part of a set of national portals developed by the EU Member States to encourage youngsters to pursue research careers, so as to build an environment which favours the mobility of researchers within the European Research Area (ERA) and attracts researchers from third countries.
The Portuguese Researchers’ Mobility Portal is mainly devoted to foreign researchers who wish to come and live in Portugal.
However, it also contains useful information to Portuguese researchers who intend to work abroad, as it provides links to the Mobility Portals and Centres in the other EU Member States.
The development of the Portuguese Researchers’ Mobility Portal is a project in the framework of the Sixth Framework Program co-financed by the European Commission and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
Main Sections of the Portal
- Organizations: This section offers interested public or private organisations (universities, research centres, enterprises, foundations, etc.) the possibility to advertise their research job vacancies. A simple registration in this Portal is necessary. The service is completely free of charge and it may not be used for any form of commercial advertising.
Registered organisations will be able to identify suitable candidates according to detailed and tailored parameters corresponding to their specific recruitment needs. Information on registered organizations will not be made available for commercial purposes.
- Researchers: This section offers researchers the opportunity to add their CVs to the Researcher’s Mobility Job Database, regardless of their age, nationality or level of experience. This provides a structured and confidential way of showing the CVs to registered organizations. The service is completely free of charge and it may not be used for any form of commercial advertising.
An alert service enables registered researchers to be informed by e-mail on job opportunities matching the profile entered in the researcher's CV.
- Job Opportunities and Fellowships: This section offers access to a database of job opportunities and fellowships in all scientific areas.
These opportunities are offered by private or public entities, both within the framework of R&D or other national or international programmes.
This database is related to the section Organizations, where institutions advertising job opportunities or fellowships may proceed to their registration.
- Mobility Centres: This section shows the network of Portuguese Mobility Centres, their precise location and their contact details.
These centres offer customized local information on practical issues related to the mobility of researchers to the corresponding locations.
The Portuguese Network of Mobility Centres is part of the European Network of Mobility Centres – ERA-MORE.
- Practical Information: This section provides access to practical information on administrative and legal issues when moving to Portugal, as well as up to-date information on cultural and family-related aspects (housing, schooling, day-care, language courses, etc.).
It provides a set of links which are relevant to institutions on legal and administrative issues to be dealt with when living in Portugal, including: visas and residence permits, tax information, health care, schooling, accommodation, transports, socio-cultural activities, etc.
- Useful Links: This section provides a list of other researchers mobility resources.
- R&D in Portugal: This section presents the research landscape in Portugal.
- Women in Science: This section presents the evolution of the participation of women in the national science and technology system.