Library of the Faculty of Medicine
The mission of the Library of the Faculty of Medicine is to provide all documentation and information that supports medical education before and after graduation, as well as during research and in lifelong training.
It is located in the complex of buildings where CIM (Centre for Medical Research) is integrated. The Library takes up two floors and has an extensive area with a reading room of 860 m2 to study and consult documents. On the first floor, you will find an area for reserved works.
The following services are available to users:
- Reference Service – It is a personalized service with the following objectives:
- Assist and guide users in bibliographic research and in the creation of their personal libraries on a daily basis;
- Execute bibliographic research requested by the users;
- Promote the effective use of the available electronic resources.
- Document Reproduction Service
- Reading Services:
- Users can consult reference works in the reading room, such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, yearbooks, books, periodicals, dissertations, thesis, pedagogical and institutional reports, work by lecturers, etc.;
- Users can also consult documents from the Old Collection and Reserved Works depending on the availability and prior appointment.
- IT Service
- Loan of books
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Rua do Dr. Plácido da Costa
220 426 880