FINDE.U - International Job Fair 2016
Following the success of the first International Job Fair of the University of Porto (FINDE.UP) in 2015, the University of Porto, in partnership with the University of Trás-os-Montes & Alto Douro and the University of Vigo, will run FINDE.U 2016, which comprises:
- The Virtual Job Fair 2016, from 30th May to 3rd June 2016
- The International Job Fair in Porto, 2nd and 3rd November 2016
- The International Job Fair in Vigo, 8th and 9th November 2016
FINDE.U 2016 will have innovation as its guiding principle, and intends to reinforce the existing link between the North of Portugal and Galicia, and put important Portuguese, Spanish and international employers in contact with more than 60,000 university students and more than 110,000 alumni of the three institutions. In addition to this, the fairs will be open to other companies looking to recruit students proficient in various disciplines and fields of education.
As well as contacting students and alumni, and eventual selection and hiring of some of the best candidates, employers will also have the possibility to develop contacts within the business world and promote their companies or organisations.
There are three ways that companies may participate in FINDE.U:
- Participation in all three events – this entitles the company to a reduction in registration fees;
- Participation in two of the three events;
- Participation in one event only.
Companies/organisations will also be able to become event sponsors, which has many advantages.
For full-time students and students of international mobility from all courses and areas of education, as well as alumni of the three host universities, the fairs are an opportunity to contact, both online and in person, a multitude of employers, and an opportunity to gain an understanding of the situation of the work market and its challenges, as well as an understanding of how to begin constructing a contact network.
For students and graduates, the purpose of these events is to:
- Search for and select the organisations and companies which suit their career prospects and professional interests;
- Get to know which skills are valued in the recruitment market;
- Find their first job or internship, either within their home country or international;
- Create and optimise their business networks;
- Explore, with the help of participating companies and organisations, their possible career paths and interests as well as possible areas of education or training.