|Course/CS Responsible:||First degree in Psychology|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|PSIC||163||Official Curricular Structure||3||-||6||54||162|
|Margarida Isabel Rangel Santos Henriques|
The following will constitute the main objectives of this UC:
1. Provide students with practical experiences in realizing key concepts in developmental psychology and communication theories, facilitating the establishment of a relationship with the interviewee;
2. Promote knowledge and reflection on the implications of communication axioms in establishing the relationship with the other and its intentional use;
3. Present communication techniques to establish an empathic and non-evaluative relationship with the interviewee.
4. Share communication techniques that facilitate the self-expression of the child, a teenager or an adult, in the context of an interview.
5. Characterize in the form of preparation and in the conductn process, the different types of interviews.
6. Expose the process of building semi-structured interview scripts.
7. Promote experiences of expanding the skills of conducting individual and group interviews.
8. Enable self-criticism of individual performance in conducting interviews, taking as a background theoretical perspectives about the child's development and the communication process.
1. Exhibition method
2. Communication dynamics
3. Construction of interview scripts
4. Role-play of an interview with children, teenagers and adults
5. Training individual and group interviews, in real context
6. Training of distancing strategies in contexts of dyadic interaction with children
7. Large group debate on practical experiences
8. Written records of the impact of the activity and reflection of the experience's contribution to the mastery of theoretical concepts in psychology.
9. Individual written exercises and texts presenting the experience and learning consolidated from it.
|Trabalho de campo||15,00|
|Elaboração de relatório/dissertação/tese||40,00|
|Frequência das aulas||54,00|
|Trabalho de campo||20,00|
Students should attend at least 75% of classes.
The final grade (o-20) is based on the following classification elements:
1. Elaboration of a written report (90%) which focuses on (a) conduction of a semi-structured interview with a child or adolescent with the aim of gathering information; (b) implementation of an interaction situation with children (joint reading of a child story book) in order to promote their development; (c) reflection on the work performed + 2. Participation in classroom activities, and individual exercises performed at home (10%).
The final score is obtained by the weighted mean of the marks obtained in the four components of assessment:
- Test with a weighting of 10% by requiring a minimum grade of 10 values;
- Oral with a weighting of 10% by requiring a minimum grade of 10 values;
- Field work with a weighting of 50%, requiring a minimum score to 10 values;
- Written work with a weighting of 30% by requiring a minimum grade of 10 values.
Any situation involving a special assessment should be presented by students and reviewed by the professor at the beginning of the semester.
In cases with work-student status, the presence in the classes are not obley. The students have to do the same works of the other students and also a practice exam. Any situation involving a special assessment should be presented by students and reviewed by professors at the beginning of the semester.
There are no possibility to make new evaluations, in order to get better classification.