As a result of the completion of the 2nd cycle of evaluation by the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education - A3ES, this course has been accredited for another 6 years, (31.07.2019 to 31.07.2025).
The Psychology Doctoral Programme (3rd Cycle Programme) is a core training programme leading to an original psychological research project, which should be developed within the context of the research projects directed by professors and researchers either individually or integrated within the research centres of the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Porto. Scientific Committee: Marina Serra Lemos
, Orlanda Cruz
, Joaquim Coimbra
, Fernando Barbosa
, Paula Mena de Matos.
Applications for the PhD programme are welcomed from qualified candidates wishing to undertake research on a specific topic within one of the Psychology Group broad research scientific areas, mainly:
> FPCEUP's possible supervisors
- Cognitive and Affective Neurosciences
Biopsychology of deviant behavior
- Education and Development
Contexts of development and learning
- Human Relationships, Health and Well-being
- Inclusion, Exclusion and Cultural Diversity
- Full-time students: 6 semesters (3 years)
- Part-time students (50%): up to 12 semesters (6 years)
- Master in Psychology or related areas, or legal equivalent
- License (at least 300 ECTS) in Psychology, Human or Social Sciences or related areas, provided that the curriculum demonstrates adequate scientific preparation to complete doctoral level work, as judged by the scientific committee of the course
- Academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is judged by the Scientific Committee of the course as giving evidence of adequate preparation to successfully engage in the studies of this course.
To apply, candidates must submit the following documentation:
- PhD application (in FPCEUPs proper form)
- Academic transcripts and certified copies of degrees and diplomas
- A copy of the research proposal (in accordance with FPCEUPs model)
- Curriculum vitae (in accordance with FPCEUPs model)
- Supervisor’s/co-supervisor’s acceptance declaration
- Annual tuiton:
- National students: ¤ 2.750,00
- International students: ¤ 5.500
- International students from CPLP: ¤ 3 025,00 (provided they submit a request to the Director asking for 50% reduction of the annual tuition)
- Entrance fee: ¤ 100
It is assumed that before submitting an application for entry to the PhD programme, applicants have done some preparatory work on the proposed topic of study. Admission will depend on the quality of the applicant’s research proposal and its relevance to the Faculty’s research interests.
This may not be the final research you conduct but it is what will be evaluated as part of assessing both your fit with a supervisor and the department and your awareness of what is needed to conduct PhD level research.
If your prospective supervisor is interested you will need to submit a full PhD application to the Admissions’ Office, in order to be formally considered.
T. | +351 22 042 89 20
E. | firstname.lastname@example.org
E. | email@example.com Academic Office
T. | +351 22 042 89 00
E. | firstname.lastname@example.org