The Ageing Congress 2018 (http://ageingcongress.com) will take place in Coimbra, Portugal, on the 27-29 May 2018.
You are invited to send your abstract to track 3. FUNCTIONAL ABILITY: THE KEY FOR A HEALTHY AGEING: http://ageingcongress.com/tracks/3-functional-ability-the-key-for-a-healthy-ageing/ by the 15th of April. Suggested topics, but not limited to these, are:
- Frailty, chronic diseases and tailored therapy to restore movement and function
- Exercise and fall prevention
- Education approach: "How and why to move" literacy
- Sedentary epidemic: how to break the pattern?
- Use of technology to enhance intervention approaches
- Ageing-in-place and participation as a rehabilitation outcome for older adults
Abstract submission consists of:
- Presentation title (it should be as brief as possible, but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study: 100 characters maximum, spaces included).
- Author(s) name(s), filiation(s) and contact of corresponding author; please provide details of presenting author, underlining his/her name.
- Abstract (300 words maximum, spaces not included): Background, Objectives, Methods (if applicable), Results (if applicable), Discussion/Conclusions.
Abstracts will be reviewed for their quality and relevance, by the TRACKING SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE.
Corresponding authors will be notified by e-mail about the status of their submitted abstract. The three categories are: accepted to oral presentation, accepted to distributed paper or rejected.
Presenters of oral presentations and distributed papers (that should consist of a two-page extended abstract, printed out and made available to attendants during sessions), take equal role in the final discussion of the session. There is no quality-based distinction, nor will the program and the certificate of attendance differentiate between oral presentations and distributed papers. This distinction reflects only the need to accommodate as many high-quality presentations as possible, while allowing participants to get the most out of the conference.
To make this distinction, TRACK organizers will rank all the accepted submissions. The abstracts ranked in the top 8 will be given each 10 minutes to present; the ninth onwards are the distributed papers.
Authors will be informed on the abstracts ranking in the beginning of May.
NOTE: The accepted full papers, sent in accordance to the congress template http://ageingcongress.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Ageingcongress_Template_paper_EN.pdf will be published in a book, with ISBN, and will be presented on the day of the congress.