|OFICIAL||Medical and Molecular Oncology|
|Responsible unit:||Departamento de Biomedicina|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Molecular Medicine and Oncology|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|MMOM||12||Plano Oficial do ano letivo 2018||1||-||6||40||162|
|Ana Paula Soares Dias Ferreira|
|Maria do Céu Fontes Herdeiro Figueiredo|
|Joaquim Adelino Correia Ferreira Leite Moreira||0,10|
|Carlos Manuel Gomes Reguenga||0,50|
|Carmen Dulce da Silveira Brás Silva Ribeiro||0,10|
|Maria do Céu Fontes Herdeiro Figueiredo||0,50|
|Filipa Abreu Gomes de Carvalho||0,25|
|Henrique Manuel Nunes de Almeida||0,20|
|Isabel Alexandra Marcos Miranda||0,30|
|José Carlos Lemos Machado||0,25|
|Ana Paula Soares Dias Ferreira||0,50|
|Rui Manuel de Medeiros Melo Silva||0,50|
|Sofia Dória Príncipe dos Santos Cerveira||0,25|
|Valdemar de Jesus Conde Máximo||0,25|
At the end of the UC, students should be empowered with tools of description and analysis suitable for the understanding of laboratory practices in the areas of Molecular Biology and translational research and for the development of their research projects.
The curricular unit proposal is justified by the need to offer students of the Doctoral Programme in Molecular Medicine and Oncology from the FMUP, knowledge in research in molecular pathology and develop new skills in laboratory practices. The UC is planned to have a strong "hands-on" component, providing students with skills in the areas of basic and translational research namely:
- Understanding of scientific concepts and practices in the areas of basic and translational research.
- Acquiring knowledge of the theoretical and methodological basis used in Molecular Biology, reflecting on the limitations associated with the various methodologies.
- Learning how to plan research strategies in Molecular Biology.
-Indicate the molecular characteristics of the normal cell and of cellular alterations in diverse pathological conditions;
- Identify appropriate methodologies for the study of the various cellular characteristics;
- Explain the theoretical basis of the methodologies;
- Experiment techniques for the evaluation of characteristics of the normal cell and of cellular alterations in diverse pathological conditions;
- Distinguish the limitations of the various methodologies;
- Planning experimental approaches to the study of a certain cellular characteristic;- Interpret results obtained with the various experimental approaches.
Five sessions during one week, including a short theoretical introduction, laboratorial practice, and discussion of the results at the end.
|Apresentação/discussão de um trabalho científico||20,00|
|Apresentação/discussão de um trabalho científico||5,00|