It is expected that the student demonstrates competencies in the following domains:
Constructing cognitive frameworks for interpreting and analyzing communication situations and human relations
Mastering communication processes and techniques
To acquire knowledge in the area of education and curriculum related to theoretical models on health education in the school curriculum that lead to the identification of advantages / disadvantages of the different approaches in the overall training of students.
To develop competencies of analysis of health education projects in the school;
To design a health education project
It is intended that students acquire knowledge and skills to identify, classify the advantages, disadvantages and limitations of the main tools of statistical inference;
Understand and apply the interconnection of the research with the data statistical treatment of the in the presentation of the study results.
This Unit aims to acquire knowledge and discuss subjects with relevance to contemporary Public Health. In this unit it is expected that the students get to know some of the major public health issues in the national and international arenas, namely regarding the burden of most communicable and non-communicable diseases in different settings and the policies directed to prevent treat and manage those conditions, at the local, regional national and international levels. Students are also expected to get to know overlapping areas between the practice of public health and a number of complementary areas of knowledge, such as environment, economy, work, or the organization of urban space.
- Acquisition of theoretical and practical expertise in the several areas of Health and Environment, namely in the promotion of Health through preventive measures.
- Encourage the use of directed methodologies for the assembly, analysis and production of knowledge in the field of Health and Environment.
- Raising awareness of the risk communication to the population.
- Get fundamental and applied competencies and skills in toxicology and ecotoxicology
- Develop the capability of search, select and summarise scientific and technical information
- Develop the autonomy, and the ability to work in a team and integration of knowledge from different areas to approach and solve fundamental and applied problems and questions
- Develop the capability and skills for science communication to different types of audience
To conceptualise violence and its different types and discuss the most appropriate methodologies for the investigation of this issue. To contact with some strategies for action on problems of violence.
The main objective is to acquire knowledge on the relations between nutrition and physical activity in the development of chronic diseases, as well as, acquire concepts about research methods appropriated to the study of these behaviors in populations.
To characterize the use of addictive substances, focusing on the aspects of prevention in youth.