Go to:
Comuta visibilidade da coluna esquerda
Esta página em português Ajuda Autenticar-se
Você está em: Start » Educational Offer » Specialization » RMED18

Esqueceu-se da senha?

Rehabilitation Medicine in Exercise and Sport (RMED)

Rehabilitation in Sports´ and Exercise´s Medicine

Adequately oriented physical exercise is one of the available tools that health professionals have to prevent and complement the treatment of a myriad of diseases and injuries in the field of Sports´ Medicine.

Simultaneously, with the progressive implementation of the National Physical Activity Promotion program, an increase in the number of injuries is expected which will require different specific treatments and, therefore, professionals qualified to perform them.

The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto created this course, with its mark of academic, scientific and clinical excellence, in order to promote a specialized and credible training for professionals who are called to act in these situations.

This course is based on and will contribute to projects within the European Union such as the "European Disability Strategy 2010-2020", the "Physical activity strategy for the European Region 2016-2025" and also at a global level with the project entitled "Rehabilitation 2030 a call for action".

European Credit Transfer System

Having in mind the skills that need to be acquired and results to be achieved, the course is organized in a system of modules with credit units based on ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). The course consists on 17 curricular units (see attached program) with 50 ECTS total.


Academic director

Manuel Gutierres (MD PhD)

Academic coordinator

Helena Fernandes (MD)

Scientific Committee

Manuel Gutierres (MD PhD)

João Paulo Vilas-Boas (PhD)

André Moreira (MD PhD)

Pedro Cantista (MD PhD)

 Positions available  Máx.: 200  (máx. 50 students in classroom)/min.: 30


For whom is the course?

People with a degree in Physical Therapy, Nursing, Physical Education or other graduates in the field of Healthcare associated with sport.

How is the selection process?



The course aims to impart knowledge on exercise and Sports’ Medicine area, providing resources and tools to students to complement their knowledge in these areas, allowing them to work more effectively in the elaboration of the most appropriate physical exercise program, in the prevention of injuries and in the treatment of pathological situations related to Sports’ practice.

Skills and Learning outcomes:

This degree will provide to professionals (in the areas of physical therapy, nursing, physical education and others related to the sport practice) a set of knowledge in the area of Exercise and Health that, added to their basic training, will give them a better perspective of an effective monitoring of people undergoing physical activity at recreational or competition level, and, in the event of an injury, to aid in their complete recovery and return to practice.

Available attendance methods

The student should choose from one of the following:

  1. In person classes: students must attend at least 75% of classes in person in the classroom. The remaining 25% of the classes can be attended by videoconference and / or recorded classes;
  2. Videoconference: students must attend at least 75% of classes through video conferencing. The remaining 25% of the classes can be watched through recorded class. It will also be possible to attend in person as long as prior notice is given.







Application deadline: untill 3.09.2020

Display of final results:  10.09.2020

Presentation of claims about the results:

Publication of the final decisions about the claims: 14.09.2020

Online enrollment:
 15 to 24.09.2020

Candidate notification mode: On-line in FMUP Website

Crediting of academic background and professional experience:

. Submission of the application in the enrollment act

. Publication of results: Maximum period of 15 working days

. Amendment of the enrollment in consequence of crediting process: 

Pricing Price: 2,000¤ + 2¤ (school insurance).

Respective benefits and deadlines of payment:

1st payment: 400¤ + 2¤ (school insurance), payable at time of enrollment;

2nd payment: 200¤ to be paid until 31.11.2020

3rd payment: 200¤ to be paid until 31.12.2020

4th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 31.01.2021

5th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 28.02.2021


6th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 31.03.2021

7th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 30.04.2021

8th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 31.05.2021

9th payment: 200¤ to be paid until 30.06.2021

Calendar: 7.10.2020 to 31.07.2020

Course Timetable: Monday and Wednesday from 6 pm to 10pm

Classroom location: 






Gestão Académica dos Cursos de Educação Continua

Tel.: 220426975

e-mail: formacaocontinua@med.up.pt

Informações e contactos

General information

Teacher Responsible: Manuel Gutierres
Acronym: RMED18
Type of course/cycle of study: Specialization
Start: 2018/2019
Duration: 1 Years

Study Plan


  • Rehabilitation Medicine in Exercise and Sport (RMED) (50 ECTS credits)

Predominant Scientific Areas

Previous Courses/Cycles of Study

Recommend this page Top