Resulting from a partnership between the FACULTIES of ARTS, FINE ARTS, ECONOMY and ENGINEERING, the Master’s degree in Communication Sciences has the goals of providing their students:
- a scientific and professional education, combining solid knowledge in Human and Social Sciences with new information and communication technologies and the aesthetic and creative dimensions;
- further competences of analysis, production and creation of media and communication processes.
The Masters is structured in three areas – Political Communication; Culture, Heritage and Science; and Media and Journalism Studies – adopting a four-semester syllabus, worth 120 ECTS:
60 ECTS of a teaching/learning, where the student will choose one of the three available areas, in which he/she will be able to opt for certain subjects worth 6 ECTS, to complement their training according to his/her own interests and competences;
On the third semester, the student will opt for a Professional Specialization (which requires the accomplishment of an internship and an internship report) or Research (which requires the accomplishment of a dissertation). Both options will extend to the 4th semester, fulfilling the remaining 60 ECTS.
The MECC graduates have the competences to exercice in the Communication Sciences, from journalism (broadcast, written, online) to communication production and analysis in political, cultural, scientific and patrimonial-related contexts.
For more information see:
| Academic Portal
Applications calendar and number of vacancies
Admission requirements - One may apply to this Master’s degree if:
- one is holder of a undergraduate degree (1st cycle in the Bologna Program) in Communication Sciences or others considered adequate by the course’s Scientific Commission;
- the Scientific Commission exceptionally admits applicants with other graduate degrees, requiring the student’s previous approval in a group of 1st cycle subjects until a maximum of 30 ECTS.
For scientific and academic issues -
contact the course director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative questions
- contact the Academic Management Office: email@example.com
For international mobility students
- contact the International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org