- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
The Master’s degree in English and Foreign Languages Teaching is a second cycle which seeks the acquisition of the necessary pedagogical and scientific skills for teaching in 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles of basic education and in secondary education, bearing in mind the transformations in society, education and in the technological and scientific evolution.
The Master’s degree is four semesters long (120 ECTS).
Predominant scientific areas:
- Teacher training
- Foreign languages
The different training components of the Master’s degree seek:
To ensure that the future teacher adapts at a professional, social and ethical level, to the specificities of the social and school contexts he/she might be in, respecting the ethical and deontological demands of teaching;
As for the development of the teaching and learning processes, to provide the student with scientific and methodological instruments which may allow him/her to promote a quality teaching, capable of ensuring significant learnings.
As for school participation and the relationship with the community, to develop the understanding of teaching as a global and integrated activity.
Regarding a lifelong professional development, to make the initial training a starting point of a path grounded on the reflection about educational issues and professional practice, seeking the construction of a training project which may answer to individual, institutional or social challenges.
(Portuguese Written Test correction criteria)
- Graduate degree with 80 ECTS in English and 60 ECTS in German, Spanish or French (of which 36 ECTS must be in the domain of language).
- The student might also apply provided that has obtained 75% of the credits of the minimum training requirements, being able to complete the remaining 36 ECTS (=6 subjects) while attending the Master’s degree.
- To the applicants for this Master’s degree, the achievement of the following levels will be requested (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages): English C1, French C1, Spanish B2 e German B2.
- In case of applicants who may have completed their language education before the European Framework’s levels of identification or who may have had discontinuities in their academic path, the Course’s Scientific Commission may request the accomplishment of an additional test.
Tiebreaker factors – the same as in general Higher Education access law.
All informations in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
- Students may only sign up for the Initiation to Professional Practice subject after having been approved in subjects English Didactics I and II and German / Spanish / French Didactics I and II.
For scientific and academic issues - contact the course direction: email@example.com
For administrative questions - contact the Academic Management Services : firstname.lastname@example.org
For international mobility students - contact the International Relations Office : email@example.com