- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
The MSc in Geography Teaching is a 2nd cycle of professionalizing studies that aim to give professional qualification for teaching geography in the 3rd cycle of primary and secondary education cycles, which results from the change of the legal regime for initial teacher training - Decree-Law No. 79 / 2014 - and knows the first edition in academic year 2015/16.
This course of study promotes the development of scientific and pedagogical skills necessary for the exercise of the teaching function, coordinating the process of teaching and learning with the current teacher qualification requirements resulting from changes in society, education and science and technology.
Expected, with this study cicle, students:
- acquire deep knowledge within the geography teaching in the 3rd EB and secondary education, respective didactic and general educational training by accomplishing research and innovation activities, as well as practicing professional skills;
- shall develop the understanding capacity, as well as the problem solving capacity within new situations or multidisciplinary contexts within their professional activity;
- shall integrate knowledge, as well as deal with complex issues, develop solutions or deliver judgement within situations where information is limited or incomplete, including reflection on the implications and ethical and social liabilities that result from these solutions and judgments or that could be a way of restraining these;
- shall deepen the capacity to communicate conclusions, knowledge and the underlying reasoning, especially to students, in a clear way without ambiguities;
- shall develop autonomous learning capacities throughout their lives.
Fields of Specialization
Number of vacancies: See here more information
graduate degree or equivalent plus
All informations in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
For scientific and academic issues -
contact the course direction: email@example.com
For administrative questions -
contact the Academic Management Services : firstname.lastname@example.org
For international mobility students -
contact the International Relations Office : email@example.com