The second cycle in African Studies at the University of Porto aims to develop dimensions which embrace the scientific, pedagogical and cultural missions of the University of Porto as follows:
- at the scientific level, contributing to the increase of knowledge in different research areas, applied to African objects; intensifying the scientific exchange, the participation in discussion networks, as well as the divulgation/internationalization of research, reinforcing the international component of this interdisciplinary area of studies;
- at the pedagogical level, contributing to the diversified education with a high degree / level of specialization, promoting the critic analysis. developing the capacity of an ethical judgement regarding research practice and intervention in projects;
- at the cultural level, developing the mobility of teachers and students, deepening intercultural and international relations; promoting, through professionalizing training, the cooperation between, on one side, organic units of the University of Porto and, on the other side, European and African universities, as well as NGOs.
These objectives are in accordance with the objectives of the mission of the University of Porto, as defined in its statutes.
The second cycle in African Studies of the University of Porto intends to consolidate the following theoretical and practical competences:
- acquisition of methodological research practices in different scientific areas in the knowledge field of African Studies;
- acquisition of theoretical knowledge, adequate to be applied in concrete African contexts;
- analytic capacity and critical conscience in the interdisciplinary field of African Studies regarding:
- the elaboration of research and technical projects in different areas of the African realities;
- the conception, management and evaluation of intervention projects in different areas of the African realities;
- the realization of field-work, with efficient interaction in different cultural contexts;
- evaluation of the ethical principles involved in the realization of research and development projects in the different areas.
Email (Master's direction): firstname.lastname@example.org