This cycle of studies is according with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System - ECTS.To obtain a Master's degree the student must make a total of 120 ECTS credits.
The first year of the course, divided into two semesters, corresponds to the Masters Course in History of Portuguese Art, with 60 ECTS credits. This Course do not confer a degree.
The second year of the course consists of and a dissertation or a Probation Report, corresponding to 60 ECTS credits that gives the Master degree.
- Holders of a graduate degree (180 ECTS) or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree obtained as a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the Bologna Program;
- Holders of an academic, scientific of professional curriculum recognized as adequate (Check Diário da República – 2nd Series – no. 95, of 17.05.2007 – Deliberation no. 807.
- Between 2008 and 2014 sixty-five (65) Dissertations and Training Reports were held.
A list of these can be found at: Options -Projetos/Dissertações/Teses
- Institutions where the Etágios were made between 2008 and 2014:
- Fundação Instituto Arquitecto José Marques da Silva
- Fundação Museu do Douro
- Porto Vivo – Sociedade de Reabilitação Urbana
- Museu Nacional do Azulejo (Lisboa)
- Museu Nacional do Traje e da Moda (Lisboa)
- Departamento de Museus e Património da Câmara Municipal do Porto
- Câmara Municipal de Vila do Conde
- Câmara Municipal da Póvoa de Varzim
- Museu de Penafiel
Museu do Traje de Viana do Castelo
- FACE (Fórum de Arte e Cultura de Espinho)
The master's degree in the history of Portuguese art aims to develop the following research fields:
- Applied research on heritage projects
- Conservation, management and requalification of current city heritage
- Study of the relations between and tourism and historic towns
- Studies of the role of tourism in urban recovery processes
- Functional Development Studies of historical and monumental areas centers of cities
- Planning of exhibitions, curatorial practices and research collections
- Public and Art
- Art and market
- Art Edition
- Artists' Biographies
- Study of artistic movements
- Studies of works of art and architecture
Fields of Specialization
The course is designed to provide skills and to develop capacities for a wide range of activities, such as:
- Collaboration in teams of heritage specializing in different areas, as the inventory, reclassification, promotion and dissemination of heritage objects and their cultural and funcional contexts;
- Collaboration in heritage and other artistic routes;
- Research and criticism in the fields of art studies, art history, history of architecture and heritage theory;
- collaboration on Commission of organizers of collections, contemporary art fairs and performing arts shows.
Maximum number of students: 20
Minimum number of students: 10
Email (Master's direction): email@example.com
Departamento de Ciências e Técnicas do Património