- The Master’s degree in History and Geography Teaching is a second cycle course which gives professional qualification for teaching History and Geography in basic and secondary education. This cycle of studies promotes the development of the scientific and pedagogical competences necessary to become teacher. Its main goal is to articulate the teaching and learning processes with current teacher’s qualifications demands, due to transformations in society, in education and in scientific and technological evolution.
- In the Master’s degree, we highlight the final intention to develop a structuring conceptual mark, as well as the familiarization with several procedures which allow a progressive autonomy in the teacher’s “self-evolution”. Hence, the promotion of:
- The extension and an updated knowledge in History and in Geography;
- The acquisition of knowledge and the contact with Education and Didactics methodologies;
- The transposition of knowledge into a school context.
- The reflexive and critical analysis of situations and school experiences, in general, and of teaching experiences, in particular.
Students may only sign up for the Initiation to Professional Practice subject after having been approved in subjects Geography Didactics I and II, History Didactics I and II and History and Geography Didactic Applications.>/b>
Email (Master's direction): firstname.lastname@example.org
|Director:||Luís Alberto Marques Alves|
|Type of course/cycle of studies:||Masters Degree|