- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
The MA in Art History, Heritage and Cultural Visual intend to upgrade and diversify the scientific field of History of Art, which has assumed its own place by extending the world of professions related to Heritage and Visual Culture.
This cycle of studies is according with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System - ECTS.To obtain a Master's degree the student must make a total of 120 ECTS credits.
The first year of the course, divided into two semesters, corresponds to the Masters Course in History of Portuguese, Heritage and Visual Culture, with 60 ECTS credits. This Course do not confer a degree.
Institutions where the internships of the MA in History of Portuguese Art were carried out between 2008 and 2015:
The second year of the course consists of and a dissertation or a Probation Report, corresponding to 60 ECTS credits that gives the Master degree.
- Centro Interpretativo do Património da Afurada (CIPA)
- Centro Português de Fotografia (CPF)
- Direção Regional de Cultura do Norte
- Fundação Instituto Arquitecto José Marques da Silva
- Fundação Museu do Douro
- Porto Vivo – Sociedade de Reabilitação Urbana
- Museu de Serralves
- Museu Nacional do Azulejo (Lisboa)
- Museu Nacional do Traje e da Moda (Lisboa)
- Departamento de Museus e Património da Câmara Municipal do Porto
- Câmara Municipal de Vila do Conde
- Câmara Municipal da Póvoa de Varzim
- Museu de Penafiel
- Museu do Traje de Viana do Castelo
- Fórum de Arte e Cultura de Espinho (FACE)
- Museu Nacional de Soares dos Reis
- Sé do Porto
- Gaiurb – Urbanismo e Habitação
Generic objectives defined for the study programme:
- To provide postgraduate training in Artistic Heritage and Visual Culture, to a design which combines the teaching / learning contents taught with a section that is designed to provide students with professional tools and experience;
- To promote the practice of research, encouraging student autonomy in their academic career;
- To provide advanced training in the visual arts focused on the analysis of artistic production and its creative processes and reception in its diachronically;
- To prepare professionals with a solid understanding of the heritage, with capacity to act in their conservation, dissemination and enjoyment, as well as to promote critical knowledge of various contemporary artistic expressions.
Intended learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences) to be developed by the students:
With this program, students are expected to:
- Obtain a solid theoretical background in the fields of Art History, Heritage Studies and Visual Culture;
- Produce creative Dissertations, Internship Reports and Projects anchored in contemporary discussions and practices of their field of study;
- Be able to lead fundamental and applied research programs, either in their area of expertise, and in the interface between Art History, Heritage and Visual Culture;
- Obtain skills for scientific communication and the practice of professions framework of the History of Art, Heritage and Visual Culture;
- May play consultancy roles in institutions, businesses and other public and private organizations in the areas of Art History, Heritage and Visual Culture;
- Become active agents in social mobilization for intervention and heritage fruition as well as for the safeguarding and promotion of Cultural Heritage.
Number of vacancies: See here more information
- Holders of a graduate degree (180 ECTS) or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree obtained as a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the Bologna Program;
- Holders of an academic, scientific of professional curriculum recognized as adequate (Check Diário da República – 2nd Series – no. 95, of 17.05.2007 – Deliberation no. 807.
All informations in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
For scientific and academic issues - contact the course direction: firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative questions - contact the Academic Management Services : email@example.com
For international mobility students - contact the International Relations Office : firstname.lastname@example.org