|OFICIAL||General Education Training|
|Responsible unit:||Department of History, Political and International Studies|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Teaching History in the 3rd cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|MEG||10||MEG - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|MEI||3||MEI - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|MEIEFA||9||MEIEFA - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|MEP||3||MEP - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|MEPIEFA||6||MEPIEFA - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|MEPLAT||1||MEPLAT - Study Plan||1||-||3||26||81|
|Luís Antunes Grosso Correia|
|Theoretical and practical :||1,50|
|Theoretical and practical||Totals||1||1,50|
|Luís Antunes Grosso Correia||1,50|
|Luís Antunes Grosso Correia||0,50|
The course unit, by introducing an holistic perspective on the Portuguese education system, aims to critically reflect on the teaching and learning process and provide future teachers with the ability to the scientifically and pedagogically rationalize, systematize and steer their activities.
Future teachers need a consistent theoretical basis that enables them to develop research on the educational field, where many black boxes persist.
The programme aims to introduce reflection on several themes, such as the construction of modern educational systems, the current political debates on education and their unmeasured social, technical and economic impact, impact the organization of school institutions, the prescriptive and theoretical curriculum, the status and role of the student nowadays and the teacher professionalism. The approach to these themes intends to identify the main lines of the evolution of the Portuguese educational system.
The subject’s main goals are:
- to analyze the historical and political process of construction of contemporary educational systems;
- to understand the diversity of models and variables in school organization and management and their impact on the quality of educational practices;
- to analyze the diversity of orientations in curriculum theory and development and their impact on professional practices and learning outcomes;
- to identify the curriculum components (objectives/competences, contents, strategies and evaluation) in their relevance for the efficacy of the real curriculum.
- to understand the processes, contents, skills and means to foster teachers’ professionalism;
- to develop attitudes of reflection and scientific research.
See box of Objectives
Lectures; Debate; Supervised research; Tutorial supervision; Group work; Organization and presentation of papers by the students.
|Frequência das aulas||27,00|
Students are required to attend at least 75% of classes, except in cases foreseen in the Assessment Regulations in force at FLUP.
Assessment: The type of assessment in this course unit will depend on the number of students enrolled.
Accordance with Assessment Regulations in force.