- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
This course is organised according the curricular options:
The course is primarily intended for graduates in Modern Languages and Literature, with English Studies as part of their respective degrees, and is aimed at providing a response to the legitimate aspirations of all those who wish to broaden their knowledge and develop research work, thus furthering their skills at a postgraduate level.
The Master’s 1st year comprises curricular seminars and the 2nd year is dedicated to the preparation of a dissertation. The title of Master is awarded after concluding and successfully defending the dissertation.
See the study cycle official documents.
The Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) accredited this study cycle with conditions:
Fields of Specialization
Main fields of study:
- English and North American Literature
- English and North American Culture
The Masters Degree in Anglo-American Studies qualifies the holder to exercise professional activities in the following fields:
- Academic research
- For more information see the Candidate Webpage -
Number of vacancies
Number of vacancies for International Student FeesMinimum number of students:
10Official duration of programme:
2 yearsAdmission requirements:
- First degree in Germanic Philology or Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
- A legally equivalent foreign degree, as long as relevant experience and/or a professional or equivalent qualification is judged to be sufficient to undertake the programme.
- A first degree in other areas, as long as relevant experience and/or a professional or equivalent qualification is judged to be sufficient to undertake the programme.
All information in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
Degree approved under Art. 54 of the Teaching Career Statute, regulated by Ordinance number 334/2008, of 30/04, for the groups 220 and 330. (Order of February 9th, 2018).
For scientific and academic issues -
contact the course direction: email@example.com
For administrative issues
- contact the Academic Management Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
For international mobility students
- contact the International Office: email@example.com