- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
The PhD in History students shall:
- Reveal systematic understanding capacities in the domains of History;
- Develop competences, skills and methods adequate to this area of research;
- Reveal conceiving, projecting, adapting and achieving significant research capacities;
- respecting the requirements imposed by the academic quality patterns and integrity;
- Demonstrate a capacity to perform original historical research works, contributing to the broadening of knowledge borders and deserving national or international diffusion in publications with a selection committee;
- Show the capacities to analyse critically, to assess and to sum new and complex ideas;
- Show communication capacity with his/her peers, the academic community and society in general, concerning the History specialization area;
- Demonstrate capacities to promote, in an academic and professional context, technological, social and cultural progress.
See the study cycle official documents.
The Agency fo Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) accredited this study cycle without conditions.
- For more information see the Candidate Webpage -
Number of vacancies
Number of vacancies for International Student Fees
All information in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
For scientific and academic issues -
contact the course director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative issues
- contact the Academic Management Services: email@example.com
For international mobility students
- contact the International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org