|Responsible unit:||Department of Informatics Engineering|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Doctoral Program in Informatics Engineering|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
- To make young Researchers acquainted with the Methods, Processes and best Practices associated to Scientific Research in several different scientific domains as well as in Informatics (Computer Science and Computing Engineering). - To develop scientific critical attitude. - To enable the students to adequately produce scientific papers and thesis according to all the relevant steps that are expected for this kind of texts. - To convey to the students all the needed processes related with the organization, participation and monitoring of scientific meetings.
Competences to be acquired are the ones directly related with, and leading to, the previous exposed goals.
- How to use scientific methods for research work
- Critical Analysis and reviewing of scientific papers
- How to write scientific texts (papers, reports, theses)
- How to make oral presentations of scientific work
- How to organize scientific meetings
1- Methods and Techniques for developing Research projects
- Basic Motivations
- Supporting Theories
- Positivist (classical) Research method
- Interpretative Research method
- Research in Engineering disciplines
- Associated Techniques
2- Sistematic Methods of Scientific Information Resaerch
3- How to write a research paper for publication.
4- Invited Talks on Research experiences.
5- Organisation of, and participation in, a scientific meeting (Workshop).
- Discussion (argumentation as well as counter-argumentation) about how adequate the philosophical and scientific principles are to the research domains envisaged for students future work.
- Critical analysis of scientific publications
- Attending and interacting with invited speakers
- Organizing an internal workshop, including:
-- Production of papers in the appropriate format
-- paper reviewing and reviews management through appropriate software tools
-- paper oral communication
|Trabalho de campo||30,00|
|Frequência das aulas||42,00|
Exercising on scientific papers' reviewing
Writing a "research paper" (draft)
Communication of the paper contents on the Workshop
Participation on the Workshop organization process.
Attending and participating during classes 10%
Selected paper reviewing 15%
-Participation in the organization 15%
-Paper reviewing process 15%
-Writing the scientific paper 30%
-Oral presentation 15%
The same of regular students