- Over 23 Years Old
- Change of Pair Institution/Cycle of Studies
- Technological Specialization Courses (CET)
- Holders of a Vocational Senior Technician (TeSP) Certificate
- Holders of Other Higher Education Degrees
- Admissions to 2nd cycle studies
- Readmission (except Continuity Masters)
- Admissions to 3rd cycle studies
- Admissions to Advanced Studies
Enrolment/registration must be done ONLINE from 8th September (starting at 15:00) to 20th September 2021 (17:00) Continental Portugal time).
If you have any questions/issues, please send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating your student number or ID card number (ID card/ citizen card/ passport) and cycle of studies you have applied for, access regime and phase.
After sending an e-mail, please wait for the reply before sending a new e-mail.
Registration for the academic year is valid upon submission of the registration form, which automatically changes the student’s status to "A frequentar" (Attending). Registration for curricular units is subject to the payment of tuition fees or presentation of the proof of application for grant.
If you have any pending document in your application process (in accordance with an e-mail previously sent from firstname.lastname@example.org), you may exceptionally send the final document by email to email@example.com or present it at the face-to-face service by previously scheduling an appointment at the Academic Services until 17th September. You will only be able to enrol, until 20th September 2021 (17h00 Continental Portugal time), after you deliver/send the said document
If in the online application you have submitted a declaration containing the identification data, in order to enrol you must present the original identification document by previously scheduling an appointment at the Academic Services until 17th September.
Alternatively, you can send a scanned copy of the document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information regarding your academic life at FEUP
1. Students can choose one of the following regimes:
- At the University of FEUP, full-time students can register for up to 75 ECTS per academic year, with a maximum of 42 ECTS per semester, except when registering in the first year for the first time in First Cycles of Studies (Bachelors), where those limits are 60 and 30 ECTS respectively (see Regulation No. 844/2018, of 19th December - amendment to the Regulation on the maximum number of credits a student can register for in each academic year and semester at the University of Porto – only available in Portuguese).
In the year of completion of their cycle of studies, the limit can go up to 81 ECTS in that academic year and up to 48 ECTS per semester in the cases where, with the approval of that limit, the student may complete the cycle of studies.
At FEUP, students can also register for curricular units up to 81 ECTS per academic year if they are registered for more than one cycle of studies/continuing training (they must not exceed the limit of 75 ECTS in their cycle of studies at FEUP, except if they are in the year of completion).
Note: Language training is not taken into account for these ECTS limits.
- Part-time - in accordance with the resolution of the General Board, dated 17th June 2019, students can register part-time as indicated in the following table:
|Number of ECTS credits of the part-time registration|
|- Up to 18 ECTS credits|
|- From 19 to 37.5 ECTS credits|
|- From 38 to 40.5 ECTS credits*|
|- Registration exclusively for non-curricular components - research work and the writing of dissertation, thesis, internship or project, and corresponding reports|
* Only for students who have all the necessary registrations for the duration of the cycle of studies and who may complete it in the year/semester corresponding to these limits, as approved in the meeting of the Board of Deans of 6th November 2017.
Regulation for Part-time Student Regime of the University of Porto – only available in Portuguese
Rules for Full-time/Part-time Registration
Note: Language training is not taken into account for these ECTS limits.
For curricular units regarding research work and the writing of dissertation, thesis, internship or project, and corresponding reports, for which the number of ECTS exceeds the limit set out, this limit may be exceeded, however, the corresponding to two part-time registrations per curricular year will be taken into account for the purposes of minimum time for delivery of dissertation, thesis, internship or project, and respective reports.
The Regulation for Part-time Student Regime of the University of Porto does not apply to advanced studies.
2. After enrolling, you can access the digitally signed multipurpose declaration through a link that is available on your personal page.
If you wish to request a certificate, you must access the option "Certificados" (Certificates) on your personal page. For more information, see the Certification webpage.
3. Please see information about:
- Grants and Incentives
- Special Educational Needs
- Special Status and Conditions
- Credit Transfer
Students covered by the international student status
Regulation of the international student status - Decree-Law No. 36/2014, of 10th March, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 62/2018, of 6th August (only available in Portuguese).
Implementing regulation of the international student status at the University of Porto – Regulation No. 664/2018, of 16th October (only available in Portuguese).
Resolutions of the General Council of UP dated 17th June 2019 (only available in Portuguese).
Applicants who fall within the scope of no. 2, paragraph c), and no. 4 of article 3 of Decree-Law No. 62/2018, of 6th August (only available in Portuguese), must send us a document issued by SEF (Immigration and Borders Service) when enrolling.
Payment of tuition fees and other fees
Tuition Fees Regulation of the University of Porto (only available in Portuguese)
Tuition fee amounts for 2021/2022
For more information about tuition fees, see the Students’ information page.
The first instalment of the tuition fee, the school insurance and the enrolment fee (if applicable) must be paid upon/on the day of enrolment preferably by using the ATM references that can be generated in your current account (see Procedure to generate ATM preferences).
It is not possible to pay tuition fees, school insurance and enrolment fee (if applicable) via Paypal.
Payments from abroad must be made by bank transfer, at payer’s expenses, using the information in the attached document.
Then, you must send proof of the bank transfer to email@example.com, with the following data:
- name of the payer and name of the student, as well as the purpose of the payment (tuition fee, school insurance, enrolment fee, etc.).
If you have applied for a grant in the current academic year, during the registration process you must select the institution you applied for. You will have a period of 30 days to present the proof of application for grant (applicants for SASUP grants do not have to present this proof). To do so, access "Percurso académico" (Academic path) on your personal page, select "Comprovativo de pedido de bolsa de estudos" (Proof of application for study grant) on the right hand side and upload the scanned document.
If you would like an invoice to be issued for a company, you must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students covered by special cases for tuition fees must send an e-mail to email@example.com with the relevant documents by the end of the enrolment deadline.
Enrolment Procedure - How to enrol online
1. Applicants who get a result of "Colocado" (Admitted/Placed) in their application must send an email until 17th September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the credentials for enrolment in the cycle of studies/ course they were admitted to.
In the email, they should state their full name, ID card number and the cycle(s) of studies they intend to enrol in.
2. Next, applicants must click the link "Access to Registrations" available at the bottom of this information page and validate themselves with the username and password they will have received by e-mail (Paragraph 1). If you have sent any documents that were “pending” in the application, please wait for a reply from email@example.com informing that you can go to "Access to Registrations".
3. After accessing the module to register for curricular units, applicants must choose a tuition fees payment plan and answer the surveys that are automatically displayed.
Applicants must complete the information requested in each step of the registration form.
If the study plan for your cycle of studies/course allows the registration for any curricular unit of the University of Porto, you will have to select the option "Incluir unidade curricular" (Include curricular unit) from the option box (right hand side of the screen) to see all the curricular units with places available at U.Porto. After including the desired curricular unit, you will have to select and submit it in the registration proposal in order for the registration to come into effect. If the study plan allows the possibility to register for more than one curricular unit of the University of Porto, you must repeat this procedure.
For the cycles of studies Master in Materials Engineering (M.EMAT), Master in Environmental Engineering (M.EA), Master in Electrical and Computer Engineering (M.EEC) and Master in Informatics and Computing Engineering (M.EIC), in some option groups it will not be possible to select the curricular units in the registration proposal. Therefore, you must select the registration for non-specified curricular units by clicking the option "Incluir unidade curricular não discriminada" in the option box (right hand side of the screen). This way, for each option group you will reserve credits for optional curricular units this functionality applies to. After including the number of credits you wish to reserve per curricular unit, you must add the line to the table. If the study plan allows the possibility to register for more than one non-specified curricular unit, you must repeat the procedure by adding lines to the table.
If you have a pending request for credit transfer, on you registration proposal you must select at least one curricular unit from the ones displayed in order to formalise your enrolment. Afterwards, you must regularise your registration within 10 days following the publication of the result of the credit transfer request.
4. You will only be able to register for curricular units of a given curricular year once you have registered for all of the curricular units you have not completed in previous curricular years.
5. Registration for an academic year/curricular units does not exempt students from selecting classes and timetables, and vice versa.
6. At the end, a message will redirect you to the page of your current account, where you can generate the ATM references*. The first instalment of the tuition fee must be paid upon/on the day of enrolment. After this date, late-payment interest will be applied.
7. After completing the procedure, you should print the registration form using the option on the right hand side of the page.
8. In the student’s registration proposal, an option entitled "Alterar regime de inscrição" (Change registration regime) is displayed in the options box on the right hand side of the page, allowing you to change the regime (not applicable to Advanced Studies) during the registration period and during the period for changes to 1st semester curricular units.
After changing the regime you must check your current account.
Students must upload their photo by clicking the red pencil next to the place for the student’s photo on their personal page in SIGARRA. The photo will only be displayed after it is validated by FEUP’s services. Usually that validation takes place within 24 hours of the photo being uploaded to SIGARRA.
* Procedure to generate ATM references
1. Click on the button next to the amount (tuition fee instalment or school insurance) you intend to pay.
2. Confirm the data displayed and click "Atribuir" (Assign), and the associated reference will be automatically generated.
3. If you click "Voltar à conta corrente" (Back to current account), you will see the reference generated.
4. You must repeat the previous steps for each amount you intend to pay (tuition fee instalment or school insurance).
5. If you wish to pay the whole tuition fee or more than one instalment, you must select the number of instalments desired and click "Atribuir" (Assign), and the associated reference will be automatically generated.
The request for a U.Porto card must be made through the SIGARRA system [on your personal page under "Opções Pessoais" (Personal Options) -> Cartão U.Porto (U.Porto Card)] by performing the following steps:
1. You must have you photo available in SIGARRA.
2. Fill in the request for a U.PORTO Card (Form - Photo) - just choose the name to be displayed on the card.
3. When the card is ready to be picked up, the student will receive a notification in the personal page with that information.
4. Pick up the U.PORTO Card at the InfoDesk (Building A, Ground Floor, FEUP’s Entrance, 9h30-13h00 and 14h00-17h30) – It usually takes around 4 weeks for the card to be ready to be picked up.