The Master's degree in Data Science and Engineering (MDSE) aims to offer advanced scientific and professional training in Engineering and Data Science and is designed for professionals who seek to update their skills, as well as for those who seek to acquire new skills and current knowledge in Engineering and Data Science.
The objective of the master's degree in Data Science and Engineering (MDSE) is to promote the excellence of qualification in advanced and nuclear aspects of data Science (DS), from its theoretical foundations to the integration of computer technologies in organizations. So that students can:
- Work efficiently on a project team as a data scientist to develop quality projects;
- Design DS solutions in view of ethical, social, legal, technological and economic constraints;
- Understanding and valuing feasibility analysis, negotiation, efficient working habits, leadership, communication and continued study;
- Learn new models, techniques and technologies for DS development;
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of DS development technology, fostering change in organizations;
- Lead the work in projects in the area of the DS.
The Master in Engineering and Data Science defines a set of learning objectives described and structured based on the Dublin descriptors and the EUR-ACE benchmark:
- To know and understand critically and in depth the central principles, methodologies and techniques of data Science (CD), particularly those involved in problems of high complexity and dimension;
- Be able to conceive, design and implement new and complex CD solutions and products using avant-garde knowledge in the area;
- Be able to critically judge new technological solutions and promote the search and application of innovative methods and solutions, appealing to curiosity, creativity and rigour;
- Be able to communicate their reasoning of high technological content to diverse audiences in an oral or written manner in national (inter) contexts;
- Be able to continue its training on CD independently and throughout life;
- Be able to search information critically for solving complex CD problems.
The curriculum of the Master's degree in Engineering and Data Science (MDSE) is anchored in real-world problems with a component of development projects in the area of Engineering and Data Science. The MDSE aims to train highly specialized professionals capable of taking the leadership of complex and large data engineering and data science projects with quality requirements.