|Responsible unit:||Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Master in Informatics and Computing Engineering|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|MIEIC||6||Syllabus since 2009/2010||4||-||6||42||162|
|Luis Miguel Pinho de Almeida|
Provide the students with the ability to develop embedded systems subject to real-time constraints using, when appropriate, real-time operating systems.
- Ability to define the functional and non-functional requirements of embedded systems, in particular timing requirements
- Ability to model embedded systems applications exposing their concurrency
- Ability to use embedded systems development tools
- Ability to define and use computing platforms based on micro-controllers with real-time operating systems
- Ability to design and build embedded systems using the modeling, tools and platforms referred above.
- Introduction to embedded systems and related basic concepts
- Hardware architectures for embedded systems (CPUs and interfaces)
- Software architectures for embedded systems
- Compiling, linking and debugging
- Introduction to software for critical systems (fault tolerant software architectures)
- Real-time scheduling (periodic and aperiodic tasks, using static tables, fixed and dynamic priorities)
- Programming with real-time POSIX profile
- Lectures: slides on related topic, presentation and discussion of examples.
- Lab classes: practice the concepts addressed in the lectures using different hardware platforms, initially with guided experiments, then with a mini-project.
- Lab assignment: realization of a mini-project.
- Seminars: together with the lectures, the students have to prepare, in small groups of 2 or 3, a short presentation (15-20min) on a related topic, which is then discussed among all in class.
|Defesa pública de dissertação, de relatório de projeto ou estágio, ou de tese||10,00|
|Trabalho de campo||25,00|
|Elaboração de projeto||60,00|
|Frequência das aulas||28,00|
Terms of frequency: Attendance of the laboratory classes
Formula Evaluation: NF = 0,5*NP + 0,5*NT
NP - Labs (min 7 in 20)
NT - Lectures (min 7 in 20)
NF - Final grade
NP = 0,5*NP_D + 0,5*NP_R
NT = 0,8*NT_T + 0,2*NT_A
NP_D - labs mini.project demo and discussion
NP_R - labs mini-project report
NT_T - course exam
NT_A - seminar presentation and discussion