|Responsible unit:||Department of Informatics Engineering|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Master in Informatics and Computing Engineering|
|Acronym||No. of students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|MIEIC||123||Syllabus since 2009/2010||4||-||7,5||70||202,5|
|Ademar Manuel Teixeira de Aguiar|
|Ademar Manuel Teixeira de Aguiar||2,00|
|Ademar Manuel Teixeira de Aguiar||3,00|
|Nuno Honório Rodrigues Flores||3,00|
|Hugo José Sereno Lopes Ferreira||3,00|
|Rui Filipe Lima Maranhão de Abreu||3,00|
|Luís Filipe Pinto de Almeida Teixeira||3,00|
The course unit has the key goal to develop the following skills in the students:
- applying a Software Engineering process to the complete development of a real software system. along the course unit, covering the specification of requirements, software architecture and design, coding, integration, test, documentation and demonstration;
- acquire fundamental knowledge and experience about agile software development practices: iteration planning, unit tests, refactoring, pattern-based design, collective ownership, pair programming, continuous integration;
- use software development tools adapted to agile methods to enable the continuous monitoring and tracking of the project along its lifecycle;
- use of large-scale APIs with class packages, to induct the component-based computing and the problems related with application integration;
- development of collaborative work integrating other project participants in design decisions, planning, delegation, negotiation, and group review;
- application and integration of the contents acquired by the students in courses within the areas of Software Engineering, Data Bases, Graphic Interfaces, Operative Systems, Programming Languages and Artificial Intelligence.
The students will be capable to define and apply one development process, using agile practices, typical software development tools, in teams.
- Application of software development processes, including project planning methodologies.
- Requirements capture and elicitation, design, implementation, testing, documentation and presentation of a software system.
- Introduction to Agile Methods: values, principles, practices (Planning, Small Releases, Acceptance tests, Unit-tests, Test-first programming, Simple Design, Refactoring, Design Patterns) and popular examples of agile methods (Scrum and XP).
- Design and development of multilayer application based in software components and web services.
- Unit, integration and validation tests.
- Use of tools and programming environments (IDEs), modeling tools, test, source code control and configuration, collaborative documentation.
- Use of large-scale APIs.
Theoretical classes are used to the presentation and supervision of the projects and for the exposition of software developing tools and of used tools.
Laboratory classes are used to the implementation of the application.
The development of the project will be divided into five iterations:
Iteration 0 - 20%, 1+4 weeks, 16/Sep-14/Oct
•vision, user stories + user interfaces, architecture, vertical functional prototype
•public demonstration of the functional prototype
Iterations 1-4 - 30%, 8 weeks, 21/Oct-16/Dec
•development process maturity: plan, user stories ready, estimatives, acceptance tests, unit tests, continuous integration
•project tracking and management
Finale - 30%, 6/Jan
•product release (signup, download, etc.), documented source code repository (gitbitbucket), pitch + video + slides demo (5min), updated technical reports
•public demonstration of the product, to evaluate the idea, concept, and solution from the perspective of value for the client.
|Elaboração de projeto||80,00|
|Elaboração de relatório/dissertação/tese||20,00|
|Frequência das aulas||24,00|
The student must have the minimum grade of 40% in any of the items.
Results of Iteration 0 - 20%
Results of Iteration 1-4 - 30%
Final results - 30%
Website - 10%
Individual evaluation - 10%
Special assignments must follow similar evaluation rules. Students must contact the lecturers to define the special assignment, based on the availability, dates, and topics of the course unit.
Special evaluation students (including working students and soldiers) have the same evaluation methods as the other students.
To improve the classification the student must make another assignment with all the items mentioned before, and an extra oral exam; Improvements of the classification requested in the following academic year will require doing all the assignments forecasted for the students of that academic year.
Language of instruction: Portuguese or English, depending on the attendants.