APPLICATIONS for 2nd edition until january 29, 2018
in Candidaturas de IngressoObjetives:
The Continuing Training Unit aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the Principles of Digital Power System relay coordination and relay commissioning tests. The topics include, for instance, issues IEC 61850 standard implementation.
Module 1: Introduction to power system protection
- Introduction to the protection problem (selectivity, security, speed and cost);
- Instrument transformer types and application Basic theory/operation, types & specifications, CT saturation, CT/ VT location.
- Introduction to fault calculations Base MVA, per unit and percentage impedance, fault levels. Fault types;
- Use of sequence components to determine fault currents.
- Aims of a short-circuit study & protection coordination studies.
- Protection system overview basics: overcurrent, earth fault, directional elements, differential & distance (under impedance).
- Unit Protection and Applications: Protection of Feeders and Lines; Protection of Transformers and Protection of Rotating Machinery
Module 2: Overcurrent and Earth fault protection
- Overcurrent protection: Principle of operation
- Calculation of grading margin, Grading of relays, Grading with fuses
- Directional protection
- Impact of distributed generation
- High impedance faults and downed conductors
- Transformer inrush
- Transformer-feeder combinations Earth fault protection: Methods of system earthing
- Protection in impedance-earthed systems
- Protection Grading and Relay Coordination
Module 3: IEC 61850: Capabilities and benefits
- The basic scope and outline of IEC 61850
- Substation automationfunctions and architectures
- Overview of substation automation
- Communication services
- To use the IEC 61850 model as a data integration platform
- IEC 61850 communication mapping, configuration and testing
- Hands-on exercises: Server/Client setup; simulate/capture GOOSE messages; Testing Functions (using a EFACEC digital relay)
It is recommended that participants have a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Each participant can choose to be evaluated or not. If choose to be evaluated he has to submit successfully an individual work after the training course ending. In this case the participant will receive a certificate of continuous training. The positive classification is expressed in the scale of 10 to 20 marks. In case the participant chooses not to be evaluated, he does not need to be assessed and will receive a participation certificate.
In both options the participant must have an assiduity of 75%.
6 to 8 november 2017 (1st edition)
26 to 28 february 2018 (2nd edition)
9h00-13h00 / 14h00-18h00Local:
6 - 15 (maximum) Cost:
¤ 650 (includes the certificate).