- All the administrative information: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga -
Information Science at University of Porto, through FLUP and FEUP, is member of iSchools.
With the opening, in 2001/2002, of the first graduate degree in Information Science, the University of Porto sought to ensure an appropriate education, regarding the new information-based society, where information and information services managers, data and information systems managers, and also professionals from archives and libraries develop their activities.
This degree is the result of a partnership between the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Engineering, whose additional valences have allowed to build a solid and updated study plan; such plan crosses traditional knowledge with theoretical and practical applications in the information technologies and communication areas.
The graduate degree in Information Science is destined to students who have accomplished the 12th grade and who enjoy information’s study, namely the production, organization, retrieval, evaluation and preservation, as well as analysis, development and management of information systems and services.
Information Science graduates, if they wish, can continue their studies in the Master in Information Science (MCI), which is a joint initiative of FEUP and FLUP.
The Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES), accredited this study cycle without conditions.
- For more informations see Candidate Webpage -
- Number of vacancies: See more information here
- Access Requirements: 12th grade
- National examination: Portuguese or Math test for Social Sciences
All informations in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
For administrative questions
- contact the Academic Management Services : firstname.lastname@example.org
For international mobility students
- contact the International Relations Office : email@example.com