10th Conference of the Iberian Association of the History of Economic Thought AIHPE-Porto, December 6th-7th, 2018, in the School of Economics and Management.
Registrations are now open to the X meeting of the Iberian Association of History of Economic thought (AIHPE), which be held on 6 and 7 days December, at FEP. The economic culture and the spread of economic ideas is the general theme of this meeting that seeks to evoke the memory and the legacy of Antonio Almodovar and Vincent Llombart, distinguished historians of economic thought and founding members of the AIHPE, allowing also to strengthen the international recognition of the School in the area of history of economic thought. The program includes 50 presentations proposals of about 75 economists from about 10 countries, covering a diverse history of economic thought, with particular attention to topics and authors of Iberian and Latin American space.
- THE NEW DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS THE 27th of November 2018;
- The registration fee is 100,00¤ and it covers lunches, coffee-breaks and the dinner of the conference (on the 7th);
- You can pay through Multibanco (via the Portuguese ATM system) and PayPal;
- To register click this button:
- Pedro Teixeira – FEP-U.Porto (coordenação);
Alfonso Sanchez – U. Zaragoza;
- Ana Maria Bianchi – USP;
- Diogo Lourenço – FEP-U.Porto;
- José Luís Cardoso – ICS-U.Lisboa;
- Luis Perdices – U.Complutense de Madrid;
- Mário da Graça Moura – FEP-U.Porto;
- Salvador Almenar – U. Valencia.
PROGRAMME OF THE CONFERENCE
- 10th Conference of the Iberian Association of the History of Economic Thought
AIHPE-Porto, December 6th-7th, 2018
Economic Culture and the Dissemination of Economic Ideas
- 6 Dezembro 2018/6th December 2018
- 9h00-9h30 - Welcome Session (room 631);
- 9h30-11h00 - Parallel Sessions A1 (room 631) and A2 (room 613);
- 11h00-11h30 - Coffee-Break;
- 11h30-13h30 - Parallel Sessions B1 (room 631) and B2 (room 613);
- 13h30-14h00 - Lunch;
- 14h30-16h00 - Parallel Sessions C1 (room 631) and C2 (room 613);
- 16h00-16h30 - Coffee-Break;
- 16h30-18h00 - Parallel Sessions D1 (room 631) and D2 (room 613).
- 7 Dezembro 2018 / 7th December 2018
- 9h00-10h00 - Parallel Sessions E1 (auditório 631) and E2 (room 613);
- 10h00-11h00 - Parallel Sessions F1 (room 631) and F2 (room 613);
- 11h00-11h30 - Coffee-Break;
- 11h30-13h30 - Parallel Sessions G1 (room 631) and G2 (room 613);
- 13h30-14h30 - Lunch;
- 14h30-15h30 - Parallel Sessions H1 room 631) and G2 (room 613);
- 15h30-16h00 - Coffee-Break;
- 16h00-17h30 - Special Session: Remembering António Almodovar and Vicent Llombart (room 631);
- 17h30-18h00 - Closing of the Conference;
- 20h30 - Conference Dinner ('Casa da Música' Restaurant).
For the detailed program (with parallel sessions) please click here aqui
FACULDADE DE ECONOMIA DA UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO
- Edifício das Pós-Graduações.
Please find below several suggestions of hotels located in the city centre. These can easily be reached from the airport or the central train station through the Underground (METRO).
- Travel by air:
There are direct and non-direct flights to Porto from anywhere in the world. The airport serving the city is the International Airport Francisco Sá Carneiro - OPO (+351 22 943 2400), located about 11 km north of the city centre. The main Portuguese airline company is ITAP Air Portugal, which serves numerous destinations. In addition, there are a growing number of international airlines flying to Porto, many of which are low cost companies.
The airport has various public transport links and car hire services.
- Travel by road:
Motorways connect Porto to Lisbon (A1), Minho (A3) and Trás-os-Montes (A4), and a major highway connects Porto to Valença (A28).
Porto is also connected to various European destinations by regular bus services. Rede Nacional de Expressos and InterNorte are the main companies. The second has connections to all main European cities, via Paris. There are other road transport companies that offer connections to the north of the country (Bus station on Rua Alfredo Magalhães), to the south (Bus station on Rua Alexandre Herculano), and other destinations (Bus station on Campo 24 de Agosto, at Central Shopping).
- Travel by Rail
You can also travel to Porto by train. CP, the Portuguese Railway Company, has regular international links. The city of Porto is served by two main stations: Campanhã Station (for international journeys, but also for journeys to Lisbon, Douro and Minho); and S. Bento Station (for urban and regional connections and connections to Galicia).
- Metro The Purple Line (Line E) of Metro do Porto connects the International Airport Francisco Sá Carneiro and the Estádio do Dragão Metro Station in about 30 minutes.
- BusThree different STCP (Porto Public Transport Company) lines connect the airport and the city centre: line 601 (Cordoaria – Airport), line 602 (Cordoaria – Airport – via Padrão de Moreira) and line 604 (Hospital S. João – Airport – via Crestins). They run between 05.30 and 00.30, about every 25 minutes.
- Taxi The airport taxi service is another possibility. The average fare from the airport to the city is approximately 25 euros. The price charged is the same regardless of the number of passengers.
- Car rental Several car hire companies operate at the International Airport Francisco Sá Carneiro (Europcar, Avis, Hertz) . To rent a car you can go to the airport’s car rental counter in the Arrivals area or make your reservation in advance.
Find out more about Transportation in the city of Porto.
Transport from the Airport to the city centre and to the venue
- Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200-464 Porto
Telefone + 351 225 571 100