- All the administrative information:
Characterization of the Cycle of Studies:
Resulting from a partnership between the FACULTIES of ARTS, FINE ARTS, ECONOMY and ENGINEERING, the Master’s degree in Communication Sciences has the goals of providing their students:
- a scientific and professional education, combining solid knowledge in Human and Social Sciences with new information and communication technologies and the aesthetic and creative dimensions;
- further competences of analysis, production and creation of media and communication processes.
The Masters is structured in three areas – Political Communication; Culture, Heritage and Science; and Media and Journalism Studies – adopting a four-semester syllabus, worth 120 ECTS:
See here the study cycle official documents
60 ECTS of a teaching/learning, where the student will choose one of the three available areas, in which he/she will be able to opt for certain subjects worth 6 ECTS, to complement their training according to his/her own interests and competences;
On the third semester, the student will opt for a Professional Specialization (which requires the accomplishment of an internship and an internship report) or Research (which requires the accomplishment of a dissertation). Both options will extend to the 4th semester, fulfilling the remaining 60 ECTS.
The Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) accredited this study cycle without conditions:
The MECC graduates have the competences to exercice in the Communication Sciences, from journalism (broadcast, written, online) to communication production and analysis in political, cultural, scientific and patrimonial-related contexts.
- For more information see the Candidate Webpage -
Number of vacancies
Number of vacancies for International Student
One may apply to this Master’s degree if:
- one is holder of a undergraduate degree (1st cycle in the Bologna Program) in Communication Sciences or others considered adequate by the course’s Scientific Commission;
- the Scientific Commission exceptionally admits applicants with other graduate degrees, requiring the student’s previous approval in a group of 1st cycle subjects until a maximum of 30 ECTS.
All information in: http://web.letras.up.pt/sga
For scientific and academic issues -
contact the course director: email@example.com
For administrative questions
- contact the Academic Management Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
For international mobility students
- contact the International Office : email@example.com