The Master in Economics at FEP (English track and Portuguese track) is a pre-experience Master that offers complementary education in economic sciences at the University of Porto. The programme is targeted at newly first-cycle degree graduates in Economics, Finance, and Management.
This is a two-year programme that builds upon the knowledge acquired in 1st cycle studies. The main purpose is to improve the core knowledge of Economics and the command of economic analysis instruments, complemented with intermediate level specialization in applied economics or in related areas (Finance and Management).
Master in Economics graduate students will be ready for a demanding professional career in private and public institutions and those with research-oriented interests can also access third-cycle (doctoral) studies.
FEP has the necessary means to help students achieve their goals through:
- rigorous teaching and procedures coupled with a flexible plan of studies, ensuring improved knowledge of core economics while allowing for diversified specializations in applied courses. The design of each student’s study plan follows these guidelines;
- possibility of choice between English track and Portuguese track, and possibility of enrolling in the prestigious QTEM – Quantitative Techniques in Economics and Management – international programme;
- quality and experience of faculty, research centres and supportive professional staff;
- availability of information resources - bibliographic and data bases - required to conduct research;
- individual tutoring in the definition of the plan of studies and in the dissertation or internship report work;
- professional orientation and career planning counselling services;
- a series of seminars with themes and speakers (outside FEP) that enable the bridge between academia and private and public organizations in the market place;
- structured programme of curricular internships, with institutions dedicated to economic analysis and other private and public organizations that provide challenging opportunities to engage in a first work experience.
|Type of course/cycle of study:||Masters Degree|