|Responsible unit:||Department of Computer Science|
|Course/CS Responsible:||First Degree in Computer Science|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|L:CC||43||Plano de estudos a partir de 2014||2||-||6||56||162|
|MI:ERS||69||Plano Oficial desde ano letivo 2014||2||-||6||56||162|
|Luís Miguel Barros Lopes|
Introduce the basic working concepts for the modern computer, namely, the internal representation of programs and data, the hardware components and their interactions and, ways to evaluate its performance.
- the basic von Neumann architecture concept
- the intimate relationship between code and hardware
- the main components of a CPU and their interaction
- the interaction between CPU and the memory sub-system
- the memory hierarchy model and its relevance to performance
- the basic performance analysis metrics and techniques
Computer History and Evolution.
The von Neumman architecture.
Data and program representation.
Languages, compilers, assembly and binary code.
Basic CPU components.
The data- and control-paths.
Basic performance analysis.
RISC and pipelining.
Operating system support.
- problem solving in labs
|Frequência das aulas||4,00|
Participation in labs, as described in FCUP regulations.
Assuming the student is elegible:
final score= final grade in exam