The Second Cycle in Chemistry produces students with:
- in-depth capacity and know-how, both general and specific, based on a sound first cycle foundation and broadening it to diverse up-to-date topics of chemistry by way of a learning process situated in a research-rich environment.
- advanced university training enabling them to enter the job market, in particular into those sectors related to industrial research or laboratories of chemistry or related disciplines in Portuguese or European businesses.
- skills equally appropriate for research or business applications. In their second year, students carry out a research project either at a univeristy research laboratory or at a regional laboratory in the business sector with whom the university has an existing protocol.
- the ability to continue on to third cycle courses (doctoral programmes) in chemistry or related scientific disciplines.
- quality sufficient to gain the Euromaster accreditation.