The Erasmus Mundus Master on Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) offers an integrated study program that takes advantage of the know-how in Tourism and Oenology of three universities and regions of Europe. Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain), University of Bordeaux (France) and University of Porto (Portugal). These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognized with the label of UNESCO Human Heritage, and have a long tradition on wine, producing specialty wines such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet.
- To prepare broadly trained and highly adaptable and qualified professionals in the tourism and wine industries to promote innovative wine tourism developments that will generate added value through the increased income and recognition of this sector.
- To provide future professionals with multi-disciplinary and multi-sectorial knowledge and training so as to increase their understanding of wine making and tourism management.
- To promote high-quality practical training in entrepreneurship and company management by involving the students in internships in the non-academic sector.
- To ensure the effective integration and networking of students within the socio-cultural and professional environment of the places where they will receive their training.
The EMJMD WINTOUR offers a study program, recognized in all three participating countries. The academic programme is structured in 120 ECTS divided in two years and 4 semesters. The first 3 semesters are taught each in one University (30 ECTS - 1º semester at University of Rovira I Virgili, 30 ECTS - 2º semester at University of Bordeaux, 30 ECTS – 3º semester at University of Porto) and the last semester is devoted to the development of the Master Thesis and the Professional Internship, which will be developed in one of the Associated Partners.
- 1st period (for students applying for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship): from 14th of Nov 2019 to 6th of Feb 2020.
- 2nd period (for self‐funded applicants): from 12th of March 2017 to 29th of April 2020.
- Course Website