The overall goal of this master is to give students a solid foundation and an advanced knowledge in emerging areas of Cell and Molecular Biology. After the course, students will be able to:
- Explain and describe the fundamental processes in cell and molecular biology, how they take place and are controlled;
- Integrate the acquired knowledge from a whole perspective on cell mechanisms, at biochemical, physiological and molecular levels;
- Use basic laboratory skills in molecular biology and cell biology;
- Communicate and work efficiently in a team, prepare and give a scientific presentation, and organize their work according to an agreed time plan;
- Demonstrate capacity to analyze and comment pertinent scientific information;
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical aspects of research;
- Demonstrate an ability to identify his/her need to constantly update and for life-long learning.
Criteria for Selection and Ranking
Study cycles´s objectives.
- To promote the excellence of advanced formation in emerging areas of Cell and Molecular Biology, through advanced research-oriented training in the modern knowledge frontiers;
- To create conditions for the student to acquire the capacity to conceive, plan and develop scientific research;
- To prepare strong Ph.D. candidates who are well trained and that can be competitive and confident in performing research in international settings;
- To increase the student’s awareness for the possible professional opportunities that a master can offer outside the academic area, as well as the relevance of the knowledge gained as far as social, cultural and technological progress are concerned.
Nota: A informação é disponibilizada a título informativo e não dispensa a consulta do Diário da República.