The MSc in Geology offers solid and transversal training covering fundamental and applied fields, in order to technical-scientific training in Geology, since scientific research in strategic areas to the training necessary for the future professionalization of geologists.
The structure and programmatic plan of the MSc has as main objectives the specialization directed to relevant areas for contemporary societies such as geological mapping, exploration and characterization of geological resources, land planning, geological risk forecasting and prevention, management and conservation of the environment, valorization and management of the geological and paleontological heritage, among others. They are also objectives of the course the development of the capacity to initiate scientific research focused on the areas developed by the DGAOT teachers / researchers.
Post-graduate training specialized in Geology, in its various components.
The Master (MSc) in Geology assigns competences that allow adequate performance in research / university teaching, administration and industry careers, in particular in the extractive industry (fossil fuels, metallic and nonmetallic ores, quarries, barriers, etc.) and geotechnics and technical / scientific consulting services in the areas of Geology intervention.
Fields of Specialization
Specialized postgraduate training in the area of geological resources, particularly in prospecting and evaluation of metallic and nonmetallic mineral resources.
The Master in Geology is designed to open the door to careers in academy, administration and industry, in particular in what concerns mining industry and geotechnolog.
Graduates from our programme will have subject specific skills to exercise their professional activity in prospecting and mineral resources exploration companies, exploitation and processing of ornamental and industrial construction, in design and consultancy offices, public and private institutions in research and teaching, in CCDRs and municipalities.
The Master in Geology will be ready to solve problems related to natural risk prevention, management and preservation of the environment, the sustainable development and the land planning.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Geology or related fields;
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree in one of the areas described in the previous paragraph;
- To be the holder of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that the scientific committee of the course recognizes as sufficient to attest the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies.
Note: All candidates who do not certify that they have completed the degree (or equivalent) will be excluded until the end of the enrollment period.
Criteria for Selection and Ranking
- Candidates who hold a bachelor's degree in a bachelor's degree will be listed first.
- Serialization will be done according to the following criteria and sub-criteria:
- In the selection, priority is given to candidates with a degree in Geology.
- The ranking takes into account the following weighting:
- graduation (70%);
- scientific curriculum (20%);
- Professional curriculum (10%).
Criterion: Academic Curriculum
- Relevant training areas for entry into the EC (particularly those whose affinity to EC is a preferred factor). (70%)
- Classifications of previous grades, indicating their weighting factor (eg, assigning scores to the different grading intervals). (30%)
Criterion: Scientific Curriculum
- Publications * (50%)
- Conference communications * (25%)
- Participation in research projects (25%)
Criterion: Professional Curriculum
- Training actions (50%)
- Professional experience (including internships) (50%)
- Candidates who do not yet hold a bachelor's degree and / or have a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the statutorily competent scientific body will be serialized in accordance with the criteria and sub-criteria indicated above , but replacing the final average grade by the weighted average of the curricular units performed.
Criteria for tie-breaking candidates:
- Training Area
- Classification of the Bachelor Degree or more relevant
This information is provided strictly for informational purposes
and does not preclude consultation of the Official Gazette.